save the desert

martininsocal

Reaction
ok folks, just what gives? there are some real issues that deal with YOUR desert, yet very few people even try to keep up on whats happening. areas of YOUR desert will be closed, probably this June. I am not talking about way out there stuff, I am talking about Kramer junction, fremont hills, the mud hills north of barstow, the roads between stoddard and johnson valleys, etc...

PAY ATTENTION! The CBD has a proposal being caried by Barbara Boxer that would re-designate stoddard and johnson valleys from open to limited use If you think this won't affect you, I hope you can afford to purchase several thousand acres so you will still be able to play in the dirt! Without support and numbers, we won't even show up on the political map. GET INVOLVED!

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Stop electing Democrats that are puppets of the eco-nazis!

PJCinLV

dezertchick

Reaction
Thanks for the info Martin, some dont know whats happening and need it pointed out.
And thank you Pat for your snide comment. Comments like that really help keep the deserts open. I know that Nevada is also having it's problems. We appriciate the work Martin is doing. Thank you Martin.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Turn down the "Hate Machine Anne.

My comment was not intended to be snide. And it wasn't directed at Martin. It was directed at the people in our community that are confused about their loyalty to same.

To go a bit further.. You all need to vote for what you care about. Without a doubt, every dem politico is lock step behind the eco-nazis. Show me a practicing exception and I'll buy you a beer. Nah.. In your case, I'll send it to you.

As you may remember, we busted our butts and stuck our collective necks, way, way out to battle the "Algore threat" in 2000. I sleep well thinking that we swayed 500 voters in FL. ORC's and my actions didn't stop there, I sit across the table from some of the most vile eco-nazis many times each year representing "permitted recreation" promoters and enthusiasts in Nevada at the BLM RAC. I know where we are now which ain't the best but, I shudder to think where we'd be if Algore had won his way.

And yes, NV has it's *new* problems however a lot of it is localized to the LV valley which is onset by the growth factor and the associated, tiered EPA rules on PM-10 dust control. On the other hand, we are about to get a new race that appears to be in the city limits of Henderson which is absolutely within the Dust Control area of the valley. With a will, there is a way!

On the really bright front, Casey will hold the Nevada 1000 this year. This new race required a new path between Ely and Tonopah. The eco-nazis were, and still are fervently opposed to this but we won and won big and hopefully we'll keep this race for our kids to race in far down the road. I can say that I am damn proud to have fought for this event and I'll be just as proud crossing the finish line of the first ever Nevada 1000!

I honestly wish that the same opportunities could be had in CA. I enjoyed countless miles of the CA Desert from age 13 'till I moved to Hawaii. A move I made partly in disgust of the election fo Boxer and Fienstien whom closed the lands I ejoyed so much.

And those witches are still in office!!

At least you got rid of that a-hole Salt. Then again, he'd still be there and much more impowered if Algore was the prez.

PJCinLV