SAW for tacoma

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
Ive got the SAW 3" front lift kit for the tacomas on my truck. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the compression in these these. I am wanting them to not bottom out as fast. Should i juts put more pressure in the shock or what?

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Get them valved. The N2 pressure should not go over 215 on a SAW.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
My friend has those same shocks on his 4x4 tacoma, he took the spring from the Tundra SAW's and put it on his and it made it a little stiffer and it dosent bottom out that bad. We also have the nitro cranked to 250! lol

Go Big Or Go Home

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
what shops can valve the shocks for me? Also, I'll check the pressure in mine.

Tim

Reaction
Shaun,
I dont know how long you've had them, but I've had mine for about a year and a half and finally got them re-charged a few months back. I had them charged to 205. They are a little more stiff on the street but dont bottom out as easily. Some tacoma owners with just the saw's in the front have mounted an air bump on each side helping the little travel our trucks have keep from bottoming out. Tim
p.s. I noticed that after the year and a half of off-roading the shocks had lost a lot of their charge.

Dylan

Reaction
Yes you can change the compression valving in those shocks just as you would any other race shock. If you want you can bring them to me at Donahoe racing to be revalved. In reference to the difference between the Tacoma and tundra shocks: the spring rate is actually the same on both coilovers. The only difference is the compression valving is stiffer on the tundra. The Tacoma shocks have .010” compression valve shims and the tundra has .012” valve shims. Some people do put the tundra shock on the Tacoma if they want stiffer valving or you can revalve yours with whatever valving you want. As for the res pressure, go ahead and crank it up, 250 Psi is fine it will help resist bottoming
Dylan

Tim

Reaction
I thought that the tundra saw's had a 700lb spring and the tacoma ones had a 650lb one. May have just been a prototype, but a buddy had the 700lb ones on tacoma, they were from a tundra. Tim

mxjeremy

Reaction
My tundra SAWs have 650 - 14's on them. SAW says this is the same spring as the Taco SAWs, but the valving is different. Also, the top mounting holes are on a slightly larger diameter.

Attachments

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I think that there are two different hole that you can use on the top. one set for tundra, and one for tacomas.