Say hi to the new adds, maybe it will liven up the place some

51rcr

Reaction
Building off of @Mark Newhan thread fun with classifieds to help it from being so stale. Say hi or welcome the new people to the group. Maybe they will liven it up some and they wont be so worried to get bit by the big fish haha. If there more relaxed at least it maybe entertaining a create "discussions"
I read through a few and commented on some. Most everyone took time to write some good stuff with very few views. Some diverse and interesting people on here.
With all of social media out there its still hard to replace forums for what they are. More direct info for what your looking for and diverse crowd. Not just the one or 2 racers or builders ya follow. This is Fan to Racer. Shop sweeper to Key board dreamers from around the world with different lifestyles and professions and skills

LCM450

Reaction
So Im a newby from the land down under been racing for five or so years in Central Australia we have a local club with dedicated land for us, I race a 97 ranger with alot of camburg parts and converted to right hand drive I have just sold it today and I am about to buy a BMS lower chassis kit so some exciting times ahead if anyone has any input about the BMS let me know

green787

Reaction
So Im a newby from the land down under been racing for five or so years in Central Australia we have a local club with dedicated land for us, I race a 97 ranger with alot of camburg parts and converted to right hand drive I have just sold it today and I am about to buy a BMS lower chassis kit so some exciting times ahead if anyone has any input about the BMS let me know
Don't buy anything except steel and a Square D bender.... Post a pic or link of a BMS lower chassis kit so we know what that is.... Please.... That's cool that you have land set aside... Be careful winning too much, or making a living from off roading... It will impede your ability to communicate with other racers on forums like this...:oops:

Dezert00Taco

Reaction
Its already on here from a few years back, I am about the 4th person to own it but I will be finishing it
It's a great platform to start from. I thought Richie at radius fab was going to build it. Bms parts are still available also. We are just finishing up the construction of another bms chassis at my shop right now.

Attachments

51rcr

Reaction
seems like I remember seeing that and it was a good deal. Always interesting how projects bounce around. They take lots of work and money and a determined person to finish.
In central area? Sounds very remote from what I know of down under. I would think there would be lots of land available. Not lots of people out there and they love speed and HP.

MCM MOTORSPORTS

Reaction
Congrats on selling the old truck Dylan. I look forward to seeing the new one finished.

I am from Brisbane. Been around off road for around 20 years. But not so much these days. Done a heaps of work for king shocks both at home the states and at the finke.

LCM450

Reaction
It's a great platform to start from. I thought Richie at radius fab was going to build it. Bms parts are still available also. We are just finishing up the construction of another bms chassis at my shop right now.
Thats good to know do you build them from original spec or have you built it to your specs? richie was going to finish it but it got sold I was looking at it but didnt want 2 trucks in my shed so I waited to sell mine and it came back up for sale now I have the money and no truck so looking forward to getting started they certainly look like a very good starting point
what do you do for upper rear shock mounts I would like to get some made if possible and I can aassemble them here

LCM450

Reaction
Congrats on selling the old truck Dylan. I look forward to seeing the new one finished.

I am from Brisbane. Been around off road for around 20 years. But not so much these days. Done a heaps of work for king shocks both at home the states and at the finke.
Thanks Ben

you might have to come for another run out to Alice for when I get the new one going I will be talking with kings this week and start getting shocks sorted out is there anyone in brisvegas for chro mo pipe I have to pick up a truck over there in couple of weeks and was going to see if I can bring some pipe back to save freight cost

LCM450

Reaction
seems like I remember seeing that and it was a good deal. Always interesting how projects bounce around. They take lots of work and money and a determined person to finish.
In central area? Sounds very remote from what I know of down under. I would think there would be lots of land available. Not lots of people out there and they love speed and HP.
I am in Alice Springs the town is about 28 000 people and long way from every were I own my own heavy diesel workshop and we service anywhere from in town to 2000 km ( 1300 miles) away into some very remote areas,
you are right with the projects always a lot of dreams haha Ive built a few cars and the last 5 years with my ranger has certainly taught me a lot about off road, the minister of finanace ( wife ) has finally come to the reality that she will with out a partner until the new project is racing lol

LCM450

Reaction
IMG_2158.JPG
IMG_2158.JPG not sure what i did but wrong photo uploaded thought you might enjoy it anyway this is a common truck setup in my part of the world this rig comes in at 170 tonne fully loaded 4 trailers and runs diesel to a mine site 7 of these rigs run full time to keep mine site operational

Attachments

Dezert00Taco

Reaction
Thats good to know do you build them from original spec or have you built it to your specs? richie was going to finish it but it got sold I was looking at it but didnt want 2 trucks in my shed so I waited to sell mine and it came back up for sale now I have the money and no truck so looking forward to getting started they certainly look like a very good starting point
what do you do for upper rear shock mounts I would like to get some made if possible and I can aassemble them here
We build them to bms specs. We work close with nate. We currently build the chassis and do all the tig welding work for him. You could get the rear mounts but you would have to build the chassis to the same specs as his to get them to bump out correctly. Give nate at blitz a call

LCM450

Reaction
We build them to bms specs. We work close with nate. We currently build the chassis and do all the tig welding work for him. You could get the rear mounts but you would have to build the chassis to the same specs as his to get them to bump out correctly. Give nate at blitz a call
I will give Nate a call when I have everything in my shed I know a lot of people have tried contacting him so he is probably sick of hearing about the chassis in Australia, looks as though there was some pre fab parts sent out here like the main hoop/ head board( behind the seats ) it is welded together so I would think I will have to stay true to the plans so it will work,also has the fuel cell framework and a lot of smaller notched straight bars which I assume are all the strength bars between main chassis bars

51rcr

Reaction
View attachment 183928 View attachment 183928 not sure what i did but wrong photo uploaded thought you might enjoy it anyway this is a common truck setup in my part of the world this rig comes in at 170 tonne fully loaded 4 trailers and runs diesel to a mine site 7 of these rigs run full time to keep mine site operational
Road trains are really cool. Lots of tires to take care of. Takes awhile to get rolling and stopped I bet. They run Big high HP motors?

LCM450

Reaction
Road trains are really cool. Lots of tires to take care of. Takes awhile to get rolling and stopped I bet. They run Big high HP motors?
they run the E5 cummins 16 ltr rated at 620 hp 2200ft/lbs fuel burn is around 700-800 meters to the litre and yes you dont want to jump in front of one as it does take a while to stop, 86 tyres all up they also run a tyre inflation system run from the cab because they run on a dirt road about 300 km one way so tyre pressures get dropped on the run

Mopar

Reaction
Time for an Update Dylan, I didn't realize the BMS kit was the one you got, I looked at buying it too but reality struck..
Dean

LCM450

Reaction
Hi Dean its been a while lol yeah the BMS is coming along slowly, work has been flat out so I haven't had much time couple months behind where I wanted to be but i am collecting all the parts so hopefully get some time next couple months, got a new guy at front counter and training him up so should be able to get some spare time once tourist season slows down really want it ready for February breaky bash