Sc8?

whiteboy72

Reaction
are they all 4x4? cause i thought when i saw it that it was two wheel drive. which is what i wanted.. but if im wrong let me know thanks. not a fan of 4x4 considering more moving parts equal more parts that can break. :confused:

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
are they all 4x4? cause i thought when i saw it that it was two wheel drive. which is what i wanted.. but if im wrong let me know thanks. not a fan of 4x4 considering more moving parts equal more parts that can break. :confused:

SC8 and the SC8e ( electric ) are 4WD. The smaller counter part to the the SC8 is the SC10 Which is a 1/10th scale rear wheel drive short course truck. www.RC10.com
hope this helps!

Last edited:

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
SC8 and the SC8e ( electric ) are 4WD. The smaller counter part to the the SC8 is the SC10 Which is a 1/8th scale rear wheel drive short course truck. www.RC10.com
hope this helps!

FAIL!

The SC10 is a 1/10th scale truck 2wd. The SC8, yes is had more moving parts then a SC10 but, it is stupid strong. Demp can confirm that......

whiteboy72

Reaction
thanks guys... i guess i may be tripping out. cause i heard bunch bout the sc8 and what not but what bothered me is i think i heard that the diffs where striping. is this true or myth? thanks.:eek:

GHARACING

Reaction
i have crashed mine at full speed, ran it into a fence at full speed, had asphalt tumbles, thing is a beast!!!! i hit a mail box at speed and broke the front shock at the bottom where it bolts at the a-arm, i used super glue/some heat shrink, fried it with a lighter, then put a thin layer of permatex-2 and its still holding up fine.

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
thanks guys... i guess i may be tripping out. cause i heard bunch bout the sc8 and what not but what bothered me is i think i heard that the diffs where striping. is this true or myth? thanks.:eek:

The diff issues are from the first of the SC10's, the electric 2wd truck, the issue has been fixed. We had the incorrect shim thickness behind the sun gear in the diff.

The SC8 drive train is bulletproof!

GHARACING

Reaction
Brandon has anyone made any aftermarket parts for them?? ive seen on some forum a guy put in a worked .21 and said it hauled! not that this thing needs to be any faster.

some different tires would be cool..

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
Brandon has anyone made any aftermarket parts for them?? ive seen on some forum a guy put in a worked .21 and said it hauled! not that this thing needs to be any faster.

some different tires would be cool..

Do you groove your race car tires???:rolleyes: KA BOOM! get the dremel out and get yur groove on! Try some Stiffer foam inserts also!:cool:

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
Do you groove your race car tires???:rolleyes: KA BOOM! get the dremel out and get yur groove on! Try some Stiffer foam inserts also!:cool:

It will for sure help to put some grooving in your tires.....but it will help more to go with a much stiffer insert in the tire. Also the truck NEEDS stiffer springs, truggy medium front and the stiffest buggy rear.

Aluminum clutch would give better performance, different pipe would help with throttle response but, might eat up a little more fuel, shift your rear hubs forward all the way for more rear traction on throttle also.