Sc8

motone82

Reaction
I dont really see anything on the SC8 any more. Anyway I have had a slash pretty much since the day they came out. And I got the SC8 on Sunday at the SSS and took it out of the box today. Wanted to make it look more TT style like some of you have done to the Slash. Here are some pics. Forgive the CL in the one pic. I sent that one to my buddy cause he likes to par take in the CL's.

motone82

Reaction
Yeah I will try and take some. I have not run it yet. I cut a little bit of the body away and cut up the rear bumper. I used some fuel line I had laying around to reconnect the top part of the bumber back together that goes through the wheels. This is my first attempt. I was bored tonight. I will let you know how it holds up.

motone82

Reaction

I was messing with some zipty's just to see if it would help. They don't look that great and I don't think they are needed. This is version 1.0. I am sure that I will come up with something better if needed and I am sure that I could learn from you guys!!!

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
you can barley notice the zipties.. if they give extra stability id keep them, its not a big deal. anyways i really like how it looks! are those the stock rims and tires?

motone82

Reaction
Yeah. I just stole them from the right side. Need to get a couple more from the hobby shop.

motone82

Reaction
jajaja! Yeah I tried to take some stealthy shots! LOL. I thought for sure I would get comments on that. I want to get some lights! A roof mount light bar or something. I am hoping someone will chime in.

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
JConcepts makes bodies that have a molded rack, they look awesome! ive seen people just cut out the holes on the rack and put lights in. unlike the 5t where u buy certain lights for it and there like 40 bucks each:/ i think they have small lights at home depot. but then again im not sure they make bodies for a 1/8 scale truck.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
I dont really see anything on the SC8 any more. Anyway I have had a slash pretty much since the day they came out. And I got the SC8 on Sunday at the SSS and took it out of the box today. Wanted to make it look more TT style like some of you have done to the Slash. Here are some pics. Forgive the CL in the one pic. I sent that one to my buddy cause he likes to par take in the CL's.

Looks sweet man! Never Seen a SC truck with spares :rolleyes: ahahah You should make a locking holder for the Coors Light too.....:p:eek::D

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
thanks to you i stayed up all night trying to figure out a way to do this to my 1/16 slash. its hokey dokey but it still looks sweet, i gotta buy some spares today and ill post some pics

motone82

Reaction
jajaja! Sorry cl10racr. Lets see some pics.

Dempkowski Motorsports...Thanks! I was waiting for that! LOL! It is now a SCrophy Truck. Sorry for the bad joke.

motone82

Reaction
A small update. I added some little straps. I used some Velcro straps that I had laying around that are used for tidying up home theater wires and cables. Looks much better than the zip tie to me. I drove to 3 local hobby stores today to buy a set of wheels and no one had anything. I don't think these things are very popular. I guess the spares need to come back off so I can actually break this sucker in. I guess I need to focus back on the slash. Some of the ones I have seen on here are BAD!

motone82

Reaction
Thanks!

I got my light bar mounted today. Still waiting for the LED kit. I need to remove it to paint the light bar and back of the lights black. I bought the chrome one thinking it would look a little better with the chrome inside the light housings themselves. It folds down prett much level with the roof. I am sure the first time a buckle it will fly off along with the tires!!!

motone82

Reaction
RPM. They make it in blue black or chrome. They have a light kit that I ordered for it too.