• Forum membership has its advantages....

Scam in classifieds

dzracer

Got an email today from an obvious scammer from out of the country...This is the email

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 3:49 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 21566 )
Hello Friend
Pls let me know ur last offer of ur items you posted on (race dezert)
and the pics of it with the present condition okay ...i will be very
glad to hear from you asap today...stay bless

goofballracer

PAT DAILEY #1 FAN
Re: Scam on race-dezert

Awsome!

dzracer

This hasn't been the first time that this has happened to me with placing an ad on Race-dezert. A couple of my friends have gotten similar emails too. I did send this individual an email back though....here it is

Matt to sylvesterdavie.

Scammer---------------------------That is what you are-------Dont try this on this site--------------You have been reported-------------------

LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER

goofballracer

PAT DAILEY #1 FAN

i meant awsome in an extremely sarcastic way! i get that crap on craigslist too!

michael_loomis

Well.. Look at the brightside... atleast we know the Classifieds here are popular enough to draw that kinda of attention!

gunit

I received the same exact message today:

This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 1021 )
Hello Friend
Pls let me know ur last offer of ur items you posted on (race
dezert)and the pics of it with the present condition okay ...i will be very glad
to hear from you asap today...stay bless

Prerunin554

You guys should do what I do when this happens. I give them a phone number to call, I just dont tell them that the phone number is a direct line to the FBI internet fraud sector. hahahahaha, then i never hear from them again, it kinda brightens my day!

dzracer

and once again i got this today from another ad....

This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 1306 )
Goodday Friend, I am insterested in buying ( PART ) which you posted for sale,let me know the price you are willing to sell it for me,and i will want you to attach the current picture and send it to me ok. Waiting..
Mr Michelle.

Is this happening to everyone????

Martin

I recieved the same email.

jrtorres

You guys should do what I do when this happens. I give them a phone number to call, I just dont tell them that the phone number is a direct line to the FBI internet fraud sector. hahahahaha, then i never hear from them again, it kinda brightens my day!
Wait...i want that number!

mojavehanna

I too was contacted with a similar scammer message in regard to my classified add on this site... just hit "delete".

TauMau

How do you know it's a scam. Sorry to sound green about this type of stuff.
Poor English (use awkward phrases due to the crappy language translation resources they use), will only pay via unreliable money sources, will ALWAYS ask for you to ship the item...if it's a car they'll have their "associate" come by and pick it up...usually they'll try to be as friendly as possible by using phrases that anyone familiar with the English language would not use. They will also always contact you via e-mail. I've never had a scammer call me.

That's all I can really think of right now, but the dead giveaway is poor English structure, word usage and spelling.

bajafox

Accepted

I always reply to all of them assuming they're legit, but I will never ship anything unless we've talked on the phone. I've had good experiences with rdc classifieds and craigslist, about 99% of the time we've met up to exchange

and once again i got this today from another ad....

This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 1306 )
Goodday Friend, I am insterested in buying ( PART ) which you posted for sale,let me know the price you are willing to sell it for me,and i will want you to attach the current picture and send it to me ok. Waiting..
Mr Michelle.

Is this happening to everyone????
I got this one too. You notice how they never mention what it is you are selling? They just call it "part" or "item". I sent a nasty reply to this one when I was drunk. They never e-mailed back. Wonder why?

bajafox

Accepted

Finally got one

This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 3901 )
Gooday friend
Pls let me know ur last offer of ur items you posted on (race dezert)and the pics of it with the present condition okay ...i will be very glad to hear from you asap today...stay bless

I'm going to tell them I'm asking for $1,000,000:D (even though the price is clearly posted in my ad)

goofballracer

PAT DAILEY #1 FAN

I got scamed for 2k a couple months ago and if there is possibly one suspicius thing then im done. All theose emails are crap! Dont belive anyone anymore everyone is out to screw you