• Forum membership has its advantages....

Scam in classifieds

crazyeye

Re: Scam on race-dezert

because guy like these, ist really hard for me to buy part on race dezert...
im canadian and i speak french . i have buy my toyota prerunner in the classified . for canadian like me, buy a truck in california have a lot of advantage . truck with more than 6-7 year old are destroyed by the salt on the road.... here at the time i write this message , the temp outside are -40 deg...lol....
now its time for me to buy deavers and shock and every time i look for part , i never have answer or guy dont want to ship. everything because these stupid scammers.

and my english its so bad... nothing to help me... lol
me current projet: http://quebec4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47933
That what usually happens a couple of dusche bags screw it up for every one else.

Nice truck but I don't speak french.

Chas Moore

Best thing to do is report it, then sign them up for a lot of free offers. If they give you a telephone, sign that up for as many things as you can.

3D of 3DCS

Dammit, now I want to get some of these and mess with them.

WORCS332

Best thing to do is report it, then sign them up for a lot of free offers. If they give you a telephone, sign that up for as many things as you can.
mines better! trust me ive done it LOL

dzracer

Got this one today.

This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # )
Hello Sales.

My name is Richard Gustafson,Am interested in your AD,in www.race-dezert.com i would like to know if you still have it available for sale and the present condition also would like to see some recent pics of it,PLS let me know the last asking price you are giving it out for.

Richard

WORCS332

Got this one today-

This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 14454 )

Hello there, I am interested in your advert Parts posted on http://www.race-dezert.com Hope you still have it available? If yes contact me with the last offer price you wanna sell it for me. hope to read from you soon..
martins

[email protected]

Any good ideas what to do?
Best thing is to ignore... but thats good you reported it.

Prerunin554

Got this one today-

This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 14454 )

Hello there, I am interested in your advert Parts posted on http://www.race-dezert.com Hope you still have it available? If yes contact me with the last offer price you wanna sell it for me. hope to read from you soon..
martins

[email protected]

Any good ideas what to do?
Reply!

here is a script for you:

The add has been removed from the web, and yes it is in perfect condition. My actual name is [make up a name]. Unfortunately, i do not have a physical address as i live in the back of my rented U-haul trailer filled with bags of cash and my urine bottles. I have painted the trailer camouflage and hide it behind the three palm trees in the middle of town. I also believe the government is tracking every phone call i make, so i can not have my own number. If you would like, i can get the phone number of the nearest pay phone for you to call only on every third Tuesday or Friday from the hours of 12:30am to 12:30 and 16 seconds am. Make sure to wrap you ears in tin foil as this will keep the transmitters away from you and will keep my true location undeterminable. Also, I can only take 3rd party, out of state checks, will this be an issue? Thank you for your time and understand that this will all be neccessary to keep the hoopengoblins off of my fingernails. I look forward from hearing from you.

and this was the original message sent to me:

Hey,
Thanks for the prompt response to my inquiry. I want to buy it, I
would love to come and check it but i am on an official duty. Pls do
with draw the advert from Web.I should believe it is in perfect
condition as stated on the web. I will be making the payment via a
Certified Check which my secretary will send across to you. I'll be
picking the item from you, the Freight and handling fee will be added
to the money for the Item. My Mover will be coming to Pick it from
you once the Certified Check has been cashed. Then you'll get the
payment across to shipping vendor.Pls I will need both your name and
physical address along with you phone number to issue out the
payment.
Thanks

ranger2339

So what do the expect to get out of this?

Do people really ship stuff before cashing a check?

EagleOne

its more obvious now that this is going on happend to me a few times, theres signs that these buyers aint normal, beware they'll be working on a new method. :mad:

RocketMan

scamers are still at it just got a email reply to my dirt bike add....its fukt

Andrew

A while ago my buddy tried to sell his quad. He hadn't done much on craigslist, so he came to me kind of puzzled one day and asked me about a guy that played the whole "I'll send you a check for 5 grand. You take out your share of the money and paypal me the rest, then ship your item to Scandinavia" thing...

I deal on craigslist and race-dezert all the time, so I knew a scam when I saw one. Instead of rejecting it, we played it through, out of sheer curiosity. The dude sent the check to my friend and we took it to the bank. We let the bank teller know right off the bat that it was a fake check, and that we just wanted to find out how "real" these fake checks looked. The bank teller got really interested and called the manager over as well. They examined the check for over half an hour, and finally determined it to be a real check. They sent out a report to all the other banks and I think maybe the FBI or some form of government office.... a while later we finally figured it out. The check was a REAL check that had been used before, back in the 70's, and it had belonged to a guy that's been dead for a while now

Just goes to show how conniving people can be, and how you can't trust anyone these days... :(

Ozzie M

sylvesterdaviesj02 E-mailed me today same guy as the one mentioned on the first page

How should i mess with the guy help me out

The e-mail
Hello friend
pls let me know ur last asking price of the rims and tires you posted on race dezert and the photos with the present condition of it okay becoz am really in need of the rims and tires for my car okay... i will be very glad to hear from you nice meeting you

dzracer

still going on...................watch out

This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 3260 )
Hi friend..
pls let me know your last asking price for your rims and tires you posted on race dezert and the present condition of it okay,i will be very glad to await your soonest reply on line now...its nice meeting you..

michael_loomis

Just some advice... price your items right, and they are gone before the scammers get to ya!

(I also wanted to bump the hostyle thread off the main page....personal beefs do not equal scams... :))