School Education Experience?

DeathMonkey007

Reaction
Howdy Folks -

I hope I put this in the right section, if not I apologize. The club I belong to is trying to put together an education program / presentation that we can do at local Jr High and High Schools in our area. The goal of our presentation would be to educate and promote responsible wheeling, explain the affects of irresponsible wheeling, and hopefully get some of the younger crowd involved in helping preserve our sport. Has anyone ever done this? If so, if you could either post up or PM any best practices, lessons learned, success or horror stories we would appreciate it.

Thanks, Jon and The Pistons Wild Motorsports Club

Reaction
explain the affects of irresponsible wheeling,
Of what possible benefit to the OHV community would this be?

Why would you, or we, wish to provide aid and comfort to the enemy, esp. when it's already better funded and providing enough negative imagery?

I fail to discern the logic therein given the OHV community's underdog status.

We might call our brother a jerk at home, but why air dirty laundry?

For positive PR , accentuate the family atmosphere aspects and check out sites like the Blue Ribbon Coalition, CORVA, SVIA, MIC, etc.

Good luck!

jrtorres

Reaction
No brakes..i definitely see what your saying...and for the most part i agree. But at the same time...exposure to the younger crowd of off-roaders right now won't hurt..as long as responsible recreation is encouraged. But i do agree in the sense that the negative effects of irresponsible wheeling is not something that we should be highlighting.

Reaction
...exposure to the younger crowd of off-roaders right now won't hurt..as long as responsible recreation is encouraged.
Did you read my whole post? I interpret the OP to be talking about a program aimed at a general audience.

Young people a part of the OHV community might derive some benefit from seeing the effects of irresponsible use, but I stand by my first post.

Medical students probably benefit from examining cadavers created by doctors' mistakes, but I would posit that the AMA would prefer such examples stay within the medical community.

DeathMonkey007

Reaction
Did you read my whole post? I interpret the OP to be talking about a program aimed at a general audience.

Young people a part of the OHV community might derive some benefit from seeing the effects of irresponsible use, but I stand by my first post.

Medical students probably benefit from examining cadavers created by doctors' mistakes, but I would posit that the AMA would prefer such examples stay within the medical community.
This analogy actually makes good sense. I get what your saying.... Some good input here I'll take back to the club to chew on. I agree with the need to stress the positive and not the negative.

I know that we have been in touch with BRC and are getting some info from them, but I'll pass along the others orgs as well. Thanks for the input!

MattV

Reaction
This analogy actually makes good sense. I get what your saying.... Some good input here I'll take back to the club to chew on. I agree with the need to stress the positive and not the negative.

I know that we have been in touch with BRC and are getting some info from them, but I'll pass along the others orgs as well. Thanks for the input!
Exactly. Try to find a way to show the benefit of doing things the right way as opposed to the problems with doing them the wrong way. I think you will be able to get the same point across.

MattV

Reaction
Just curious.. What have you guys come up with so far?