SCORE 2021 Schedule

Chainguide

Baja 500 in April!
Baja 1000 Pt2pt to La Paz and is After Thanksgiving.
Notice that the starting city is not mentioned. Hmmmmm....

SolaidJeff

It was an easy proposition to prerun and race before Turkey Day. Now I need to figure out how to miss one of my families biggest get togethers so I can prerun.
Personally not liking the schedule at least for the 1000

Chris_Wilson

Norra 1000 week after score 500.

mxben

And we thought 2020 was bad... I'll catch the livestreams from the states I suppose. Maybe spectate in person for 2022.

I will NOT miss KOH.
TT for spectators are probably the biggest factor but there's a lot of other classes that are just as excited to race as you are to watch. Personally why would a class 10 guy care about when KOH is? I do understand that the big money is put into TT programs, but theres a lot of entry fee money that comes from other classes and the people involved with those classes. Maybe they should figure a work around or KOH change their dates? I personally like the earlier 250/500. The 1000K needs to be rethought.

J Prich

TT for spectators are probably the biggest factor but there's a lot of other classes that are just as excited to race as you are to watch. Personally why would a class 10 guy care about when KOH is? I do understand that the big money is put into TT programs, but theres a lot of entry fee money that comes from other classes and the people involved with those classes. Maybe they should figure a work around or KOH change their dates? I personally like the earlier 250/500. The 1000K needs to be rethought.
Why on earth would KOH change their dates? The event has been taking place the same time for year...for years. Why would KOH even remotely consider changing their dates because SCORE decided they wanted to move an event to compete with theirs?

dan200

#BSF200
KOH change their dates?
It's the second largest public land use permit in the USA. There are over 40k people who come from around the country and actually the world to go to this week long event with stuff going on for 7 days straight. It is the most spectator friendly event in the entire sport. And Dave had the dates first. SCORE stepped on their dick this time.

Also, its just the 250...

Last edited:

J Prich

It's the second largest public land use permit in the USA. There are over 40k people who come from around the country and actually the world to go to this week long event with stuff going on for 7 days straight. It is the most spectator friendly event in the entire sport. And Dave had the dates first. SCORE stepped on their dick this time.
Not the first time either if we're being open about it all. They've not only moved dates and placed their races within weeks of competing orgs events, but the whole "Race x determines the starting order for Race y" is solely intended to force racers to choose one series or the other. Their prerogative as a business, but given the size of this community that seems like a risky strategy at best in my opinion. Puts a lot of big teams with sponsor commitments that cross orgs in a very uncomfortable situation.

mxben

Why on earth would KOH change their dates? The event has been taking place the same time for year...for years. Why would KOH even remotely consider changing their dates because SCORE decided they wanted to move an event to compete with theirs?

IDK dont yell at me.

Maybe just run the TT race earlier than usual??

I hope it works out for everyone. And I especially hope it doesn't get ruined by a bunch of virus happy democrats. Whammy.

J Prich

IDK dont yell at me.

Maybe just run the TT race earlier than usual??

I hope it works out for everyone. And I especially hope it doesn't get ruined by a bunch of virus happy democrats. Whammy.
Not yelling, just questioning the logic, that's all. It's not Dave's fault that SCORE changed their schedule. KOH didn't create the schedule conflict, SCORE did. And they did it full well knowing exactly when KOH is happening...because it happens every year. They knew exactly what the implications were when they scheduled those dates Im guessing. Now again, maybe in their defense there were circumstances that forced their hand and left them with no other options...but when they made the choice to schedule SF 250 on those dates, they knew that they were putting themselves in direct competition with KOH AND forcing difficult decisions for some of the more high profile teams that normally race their events.

mxben

Not yelling, just questioning the logic, that's all. It's not Dave's fault that SCORE changed their schedule. KOH didn't create the schedule conflict, SCORE did. And they did it full well knowing exactly when KOH is happening...because it happens every year. They knew exactly what the implications were when they scheduled those dates Im guessing. Now again, maybe in their defense there were circumstances that forced their hand and left them with no other options...but when they made the choice to schedule SF 250 on those dates, they knew that they were putting themselves in direct competition with KOH AND forcing difficult decisions for some of the more high profile teams that normally race their events.
I hope to someday have the difficult task of choosing where to race my trophy truck, err trick truck, err juggernaaut truck.

J Prich

I hope to someday have the difficult task of choosing where to race my trophy truck, err trick truck, err juggernaaut truck.
I can barely afford a Traxxis TT, but in spite of my limited means I can still understand why this is going to have a significant impact on TT teams. Fair enough if it doesn't matter to you personally but that doesn't change the fact that the SF AND 1000 dates affect a lot of SCORE racers.