• Forum membership has its advantages....

SCORE Awards

Jimmy8

Did anyone go to the SCORE Awards this weekend? I was wondering how it went and who got the specialty awards?

PMC Racing

frankh

Let me see if I can remember.
Person of the year = Debbie from BFG (and she deserved it
Rookie = hunter
Engine builder = wiks
Pit group= BFG
Contingency = BFG
Motorcycle manufacture = Honda
Buggie chassis manufacturer = Jimco
Mechanic = Mike Stapleeton (Wilson’s main man)
Entry sponsor = Duralast
Journalist = Judy smith
Photographer = carrera

This is from mem, sorry about any bad spelling

Other than SCORE giving the overall motorcycle award to the wrong team and have to get it back, it went off pretty smooth. I have never personal meet Mr. MacCachren but after his trash talk I he was doing I don’t know what to think, it made him look pretty childish. Defiantly not the place for it

desertratt

yeah wasn't that engine builder thing getting out of hand. kinda bad with sal having to ask for the money back from the m/c guys. you'd think some one would catch a small detail like that one. but it all gave the awards some enterainment value!

drive fast and take chances!!

Jimmy8

What did Maccachren say?

PMC Racing

pciscott

George Earl getting his third place class 10 trophy made a statement that his motor builder was better than Fat performance or Kenny Majors. Then the boys from Fraleys, Danny Anderson first in 10, Mark Hutchins second in 10, and Rob MacCachren and Bruce Fraley 1st 1600 and overall points stuck up for Fat performance and gave George Earl the biggest smack down in recent Score awards history. It was quite comical and I'm sure George learned a great lesson. While it is great to thank your sponsors at the awards when accepting a third place trophy don't cut down the first and second place cars motor builder. Even Dan Smith from Duralast said he was glad Georges guy didn't build his motor in jest. The whole thing was quite funny and George did start it.

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

desertratt

hey now ,
george didn't say the new engine builder was better. just that he new to the sport and that he did a good job for us! some people took what he said out of contexted i think. speacily bruce with his comment of seeing our car in his mirrow for a while. i just guess it would be hard to pass a car when you only have 3 wheels.

BSchlimme

Eric,
Our table was right in front of the podium that George was speaking from and those of us at our table did not hear it the way you are stating - and I for one, was listening.

Now I don't think it is necessary to drag this all over the boards but I will say that I will support those that sponsor our team either financially or with their time and in the event that one publicly makes reference to their poor performance. Something that I believe any sponsor would want from an "employee".

George took a direct shot at the engine builder that "used to build our engine" and also proceeded to say how much better their current engine builder is.

He did not say "I would like to thank XXX for building us a fantastic power plant for this year. His program is new to desert racing and performed beyond our expectations."

With a statement like the one above it would have provided accolades to their builder and not have taken anything away from any other builder. Which if delivered that way would not have garnered the responses it did.

I don't think anyone is loosing any sleep over the friendly exchange and I know for one that I have a good relationship with both George Erl and Steve Myers. I don't believe that will change and why should it?

Ben

desertratt

ben i agree this should just be some frienly banter. i too was sitting in front of george. plus i was in the truck for 4 hours on the way home with him discussing the matter. there is a lot to the story but should be saved for another arena. all i know is that god willing this next year steve and george will be up there getting the trophy for the class championship!!!!