• Forum membership has its advantages....

SCORE Desert Challenge Rosarito 2016

Olulind

What do you guys think of this event? It's happening in September and it's going to be a bit different from the events in Ensenada or San Felipe... Do you think it will have the same success ? If you are attending... what are your expectations?

buckwild

I think crowd control is going to be a nightmare being so close to town TJ, Rosarito, Ensenada you're going to get everybody showing up to this race and it being a 30 mile multiple lap course you'll never be able to get away from the crowds and you know how some of the locals like to get drunk and see if they can touch a race car now you're going have to deal with them every lap all over the course.

bajafox

Accepted
Weather will be nicer than Plaster City but I agree with the crowd control issue. Gonna be a tight squeeze depending on the amount of entries

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Definitely a safety issue for all :(

DRZ_Motorsports_119

The terrain around TJ and Rosarito is to technical, imagine racing for 2 days around Mike sky ranch or the summit around a 15 mile course. The only place I can think of it to flat for a SCORE race, maybe LOORRS.

DRZ_Motorsports_119

PAB already started RIP 2 Cabo from TJ this year from the bullring in Playas de Tijuana, that means he already has scouted the terrain in TJ/Rosarito. Tj to Cabo would be cool.

swiftracing5

Well the first substantial info was dropped from SCORE today.

2 x 32 mile loops, Friday and Saturday. Bikes go Sunday.
Much lower entry fee than probably was expected, around $900.

Still a bit more than say RAGE or BAP, but almost identical mileage. Makes it pretty tempting.

JDDurfey

Will bikes run the same course? That will suck running after it is chewed to pieces by the cars and trucks!

PAB

40's rock!
PAB already started RIP 2 Cabo from TJ this year from the bullring in Playas de Tijuana, that means he already has scouted the terrain in TJ/Rosarito. Tj to Cabo would be cool.
There's a lot of dirt out there that "could" be raced/ridden but not a lot of roads. With a little work TJ-Ensenada could happen in 70 - 80% dirt for 4 wheel vehicles.

M.Tornel Jr

I also heard people talking about rumors of extending it to make it a 250 or 300, but i dont know if there is anything to them.. I also think having a race start from TJ would be sick!! Hoping the 1000 next year does it too

El Mamito USMC

There's a lot of dirt out there that "could" be raced/ridden but not a lot of roads. With a little work TJ-Ensenada could happen in 70 - 80% dirt for 4 wheel vehicles.
you should give your input "personally" to RN. im sure your voice will be taken more into consideration that the regular joe smoke

PAB

40's rock!
you should give your input "personally" to RN. im sure your voice will be taken more into consideration that the regular joe smoke
I like the idea of a down and back for the 50th....or.... five 250-1000 mile days with locations for overnights Tijuana, Ensenada, Mexicali, Loreto and La Paz with the final finish in Cabo. Yeah I'm a little crazy but it's fun

Petepecas

I like the idea of a down and back for the 50th....or.... five 250-1000 mile days with locations for overnights Tijuana, Ensenada, Mexicali, Loreto and La Paz with the final finish in Cabo. Yeah I'm a little crazy but it's fun
You mean like a stage rally?

That would be sweet... but SCORE / RN probably would not go for it.

DRZ_Motorsports_119

I like the idea of a 5 stage Baja 1000, it can help drive the cost down for racing the 50th B1K, especially for the Moto/Quad riders and the Ironman class.

The race starting in TJ would be really cool with a prologue start from TJ to Ensenada, impound the vehicles and start the long race from Ensenada to La Paz like 1967.

DRZ_Motorsports_119

The information regarding the race does mention that will start 9.5 miles south of Rosarito (Cantamar??) with a staging / false start in Papas and Beer by the beach. I suggest looking at the 2013 (or 2014) Rosarito 200 course map that started in Cantamar, it can give you an idea of the race course.

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
TT's and Spec TT's race together at 12:40 on Friday and Saturday and bikes and quads on Sunday. I think this is stupid, TT's are the main event so should be the last ones on the corse