SCORE Fined. Baja 1000 Put on hold till payment is complete.

Reaction
Is this in reference to the "cultural site" damage reported on this site, and others, last year? Me espanol muy poquito.

offroadracer516

Reaction
the last edition of this competition out of the way, protected areas of Valle de los Cirios were visited without authorization.

Among the damages caused is the destruction of cactaceous specimens of the species lophocerus schotti, listed in the category of special protection.

Profepa pointed out that for these environmental violations a temporary suspension of commercial activities related to the provision of tourism services to the company Score International S. de RL de CV is applied.

Talks about them using areas without authorization and cactus being ran over/destroyed.

Baja Fool

Reaction
Here's the broken english version of the article....

The company Score International was fined with more than half a million pesos and as a precautionary measure, to guarantee the coverage of the payment, the performance of the Score Baja 1000 race was temporarily suspended.

The Federal Office of Environmental Protection (Profepa) imposed this sanction because in the last edition of this competition out of the way, protected areas of Valle de los Cirios were visited without authorization.

Among the damages caused is the destruction of cactaceous specimens of the species lophocerus schotti, listed in the category of special protection.

Profepa pointed out that for these environmental violations a temporary suspension of commercial activities related to the provision of tourist services is applied to the company Score International S. de R.L. of C.V.

Check for damages
In the inspection visit to the site where the participating vehicles traveled, the damage caused by the traffic of the cars was verified and they were greater due to the speed in which they passed through the protected areas.

When it was verified that there was no authorization for the passage through these points and after carrying out the corresponding administrative process, it was decided to apply an economic sanction for 507 thousand 780 pesos to the mentioned company.

The company was also warned that it should refrain from carrying out activities similar to the one that caused the fine without having authorization to transit through protected natural areas.

In November 2014, Profepa announced a fine to the organizers of the Baja 1000 for up to 50,000 minimum salaries, although officially it is not known until now whether the sanction was applied or not because it was appealed before the federal administrative courts.

Chainguide

Reaction
507,780 peso fine? That's about $25K. I would imagine SCORE would just pay it and move on.

rakso

Reaction
Run the race/pre run off protected area. Problem solved. Case closed.

gonzaloe

Reaction
Short Translation.

SCORE fined by Federal Environment Protection Agency, as last year race course went through protected land causing destruction of cacti. Score did not obtained appropriate permits, thus the fine of $26,346.85.

In Business World it means. We are giving you this non-sense fine, a month before your schedule event, which it means you have no time to fight fine, thus you pay us, you get to have your next event, we make money, we both happy.

BajaFand

Reaction
I’m confused... this happened last year or 4 years ago at the B1k? Where exactly is this specific section?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Sheaco

Reaction
I wonder what the carbon footprint difference is between 800hp TT’s & turbocharged SxS are?

Prediction: TT will be harder to sell then a Honda powered 10 car is.

Tom_Willis

Reaction
I'm curious what the fine is for all the raw sewage that is continuously dumped into the ocean. And the trash swept into the ocean from the storm drains. And the millions of tires left to rot in the sun?

Reaction
^^^ Boy, I guess SCORE has changed since Sal sold out.

redline

Reaction
That is the "Fake News" of mexico. Everyrace they say that its going to be cancelled or moved!

Wendell #527

Reaction
Yea. Always an friend in any crowd in any country. Remember that cop in Mexico about 7 or 8 years ago that was pulling racers over at a road crossing during the race and yelling at them for 15 minutes and then letting them go? This is probably another jerk like that griping at SCORE over another piddly thing. Probably will amount to nothing.

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
That newspaper has ZERO credibility. They publish incorrect info frequently. Fake news indeed.