SCORE inspection tags for the Baja 1000

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
For those of you unaware, Dan Cornwell is now the SCORE technical director. I've known Dan for a few years and had a nice talk with him at the Off Road Expo yesterday. He asked me to post this for him here on RDC so here ya go.

Dan and/or his son will be in the Las Vegas and Phoenix areas before the Baja 1000 and will most likely pick a meeting place (race shop maybe) to get SCORE inspections done prior to heading to Baja. They would rather not do inspections at the race itself but of course they will. There is no date set as of yet but maybe give Dan a call and find out when this might be happening so you can schedule accordingly. Knocking out a SCORE inspection prior to the Baja 1000 will save you a huge headache when just getting to the Baja 1000 is a headache in itself. Give him a week before calling since I know he is working on dates and times, maybe start calling after October 9th......next Monday.

Here's his info:

Dan Cornwell
+1 (619) 572-8245 Cell
drcatcays@hotmail.com Email

desertspeed

Reaction
I had left a message last week with SCORE about this, and Dan called me yesterday. He said the Vegas dates would likely be the week of SEMA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
UPDATE: Dan will be in Phoenix this weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) doing inspections. He for sure has an appointment with Derek Kreger to have 4 cars tagged at his race shop but unsure what day/time. If you live in the Phoenix area and need your car tagged for the Baja 1000, call Dan NOW and set up an appointment for this weekend. It will save you time AND money.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Inspecting the qualifying Trophy Trucks while they sit all day at SEMA before we qualify would be a huge help since crew members and drivers will be there with their stuff. Tech our helmets and everything. Just my $0.23.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Inspecting the qualifying Trophy Trucks while they sit all day at SEMA before we qualify would be a huge help since crew members and drivers will be there with their stuff. Tech our helmets and everything. Just my $0.23.
Dan, Call Dan (Cornwell) and suggest it, just might work!

scottm

Reaction
Are they sticking to the cage rules set 10 years ago? I was under the impression they were going to be less strict (read arbitrary) than they were in Sal's day.

LantanaTX

Reaction
They tagged our two old vintage race cars last week for the new vintage class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ekozy39

Reaction
We have a 12 car that was tagged in 2014, does it need to be tagged again if we want to run it in the 1000? The paperwork says "annual" so I assume so, but hopefully someone here knows for sure. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app