SCORE IV250 2015

biffgnar

Reaction
After personally being in a race car fire and spending three weeks in burn unit, glad you all got out OK. It is scary stuff!

harleys dad

Reaction
I had a class 11 catch on fire in 1978 in a plaster city race, fire extinguishers were a waste of time, we put the fire out with desert dirt by hand. If it happened again in that area that would be the first thing I would do. Watching it burn would not be a option. It is something I will never forget, burnt half the car and the fuel pump kept feeding it. I was just a teenage kid at the time with my teenage girlfriend with me Real glad you were not hurt, 2 cars wow, its hard to believe that could happen in 1 day. WOW Sand and dirt put it out, the fire extinguishers just seamed to pizz it off!

Last edited:

wrightracing.net

Reaction
I do not know what the heartburn is why the BLM will not allow any spectating any other place besides Evan Hughes Rd, or around the start finish. The HDRA race that Roger put on there a few years back, seemed to go rather well, spectators were mindfull of where they could and couldn't be. The BLM rangers were rather cool with everyone. Even around the tressel, they just asked if we could all be to one side and not on the tressel. I haven't been to a D38 race in a long while but, even then everything and everyone was fairly descent, and that was even after the accident.
Plaster City and Superstition are great places to race and we need to do everything we can to keep them around.
How about bringing back the 24 hrs of Le FUD!!!! I think that would be awesome!!!! Get the D38 folks involved and have them race Friday/Saturday, and the cars and trucks do Saturday /Sunday!!!!!!
I use to help FUD and then MDR mark the course out there. It is a great place to race and if aloud, view the race action. There are so many great, safe places to watch the racing from, if the BLM would give the ok. I have raced out there in Sept on Motorcycles and other 4 wheel classes, the heat alone would not hurt entries, but that combined with other factors = low turnout. For spectators, the heat and confines of spectating areas, has many people passing on a trip out to this race. That is a shame, It is a great course.

NIKAL

Reaction
My wife just asked me last night at dinner as this race came up in a group conversation. She said why aren't you going? Then my 5 year old said I want to go see the races. I told her that its not like it used to be and you can't watch like you used too. The days of finding a hill or flat spot, setting up the EZ up and hanging out are long gone. I have Zero interest sitting with a 100 people in a roped off area along Even Hewes.

Sure back when MDR was running races, there were spectator or just Dip S#!t issues on the course. But really when you consider the amount of people and races that went on in Plaster City the issues were far, few and minor. If the BLM brought the same amount of Rangers that they do for holidays in PC & Superstition they could easlily allow spectators to sit safely around the course.

Also if Score made this their January race and put San Filepe back to Mar-April I would think both races would benifit.

swu chase1

Reaction
My wife just asked me last night at dinner as this race came up in a group conversation. She said why aren't you going? Then my 5 year old said I want to go see the races. I told her that its not like it used to be and you can't watch like you used too. The days of finding a hill or flat spot, setting up the EZ up and hanging out are long gone. I have Zero interest sitting with a 100 people in a roped off area along Even Hewes.

Sure back when MDR was running races, there were spectator or just Dip S#!t issues on the course. But really when you consider the amount of people and races that went on in Plaster City the issues were far, few and minor. If the BLM brought the same amount of Rangers that they do for holidays in PC & Superstition they could easlily allow spectators to sit safely around the course.

Also if Score made this their January race and put San Filepe back to Mar-April I would think both races would benifit.

BAJA.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
BAJALITE ENDO'S on lap 2 of morning race.....gets righted and still finishes!!

harleys dad

Reaction
My god I honestly feel bad for score this race, 3 1600 cars 3 51600 cars 2 of them from Art Scores tech director 2 class 12s 8 10s not many 1s and many classes empty to me it looks like a outstanding course. Sky high entry fees are killing them. MDR drew twice as many and Snore got all kinds of entries when they raced there.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I think it's funny that folks keep bringing up the MDR races and the turnout. The BLM issues started because of an MDR race. Remember that. Not SCORE, not BITD, not MORE, not SNORE. The issues we face with spectating, chasing, etc... in the U.S. are because of that. Be thankful we can even still race in the U.S.

Fourstroker

Reaction
I did see on FB that Udall and the 5x won the Open Pro Moto and that the 300x took the OA for the bikes

NIKAL

Reaction
I think it's funny that folks keep bringing up the MDR races and the turnout. The BLM issues started because of an MDR race. Remember that. Not SCORE, not BITD, not MORE, not SNORE. The issues we face with spectating, chasing, etc... in the U.S. are because of that. Be thankful we can even still race in the U.S.
The BLM issues started because of stupid people who showed up to a MDR race. MDR followed the rules the BLM set. Plus that was not in Plaster City. Like I said earlier you only saw a few minor issues with races held in PC and that is with Fud, MDR & Drive.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
just tuned into the live video feed..... uhh.... yeah. well..... ummm.... yeah. This is professional international motorsports coverage? Did they hire a monkey for a camera operator?

Attachments

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
DSC01452.JPG
got some new live video action -- some dude out there next to the course with no media vest taking phone video? selfies? wow.

idealer

Reaction
I just got sent this video from the guys in Brenthel Pit.