SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge

Aflac

Nothing happened to Quinn's motor at the jump. The first jump he missed a shift and was able to get it back in gear. As for the 2nd jump he did the same, missed a shift. Due to a malfunction with the shift cable he couldn't get it back in gear and went off the jump in N. Hats off to Jeff Sack for the 5-1600 win, Dondale in the truck, and ebberts in class one.

Brian Mapes

Oh man, this race was great. I got a bunch of photos, but they are all regular, non digi. Also got some good video. Had a blast and saw some air. On sunday I went up on the side of the course where you pay but can drive a 2WD and got some good footage. There was a yellow 1600 car coming through the whoops hot and I told my friends this guys is going to roll. Sure enough 5 seconds later the rear end passes the front and flips and rolls. I ran out there with a bunch of people and flipped him over on all threes(broke one wheel off). He was out of the race. Definately a great race and so far my best experience at a race probably. John Bitting were you in a crew cab silverado on sunday parked next to a stock red s10. If so I was in the red s10.

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Also saw Will H and the alligator 10 car lose his back left wheel which rolled about 100 yards downtrack. They put a spare on and drove off track, apparently more problems that just losing a wheel. All in all fun race to spectate.[/QUOTE]

Charlie

We had a left rear wheel work it's way loose on lap three and didn't know it until it passed us. We were left with two studs and knew we couldn't fix it within the time limit so we pulled the Croc off the track.

We had a better day on Sunday but no finishing points for this race! Bummer!

Will Higman

elcaprerunner

I did not get to catch the class 1's on Sunday, but where was Chuck Hovey on Saturday? Did he make the race? He was on the entry list.

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
I'm new to posting here and don't want to seem like an a-hole and get booted out of here. I don't even have a race car I can call my own.

BUT, I can't be the only person thinking this. Hunter Car....Big deal! Sorry, JMO

Last edited:

MikeLeung

Bill said:
rally trackers were not installed on 1600 cars on sunday because not enough people brought them back.they will get a refund.
What do you mean...at the finish line, saturday, they were collecting them.

V8Ranger

FlyhiFlylo31 said:
BUT, I can't be the only person thinking this. Hunter Car....Big deal! Sorry, JMO
Well, regardless whether or not the car is successful, I commend Hunter Motorsports for thinking out of the box and trying something different. If everyone just copies one another the sport will never progress.

5_guy

RacnCPA said:
CONGRATULATIONS Chris, good job.
Thank you very much my Dear!

notime

NTR Films media guy
somebody told me Hovey wreck the car at plaster city testing for the race, no injuries but short time to be ready to Parker.

fishd00d

What A Joke
I saw in the newspaper that someone from Ramona was out testing their truck before the Laughlin race and they rolled it after loosing brakes. They were seriously injured because they did not have their seat belts on. Anyone know who this was?? Or have more info??

Sites

fishd00d said:
I saw in the newspaper that someone from Ramona was out testing their truck before the Laughlin race and they rolled it after loosing brakes. They were seriously injured because they did not have their seat belts on. Anyone know who this was?? Or have more info??
Hey Fish.

I got the call on Saturday night. It was Rodd Fantelli. I dont have much info other than, he pulled the truck out of the shop to get it loaded onto the trailer, headed down the street to get it turned around. At some point as he was nearing the stop sign that intersects with 3rd St., he lost his brakes. To avoid running the stop sign, he pitched the truck to the right, when then caused the rear tire to blow off the bead, causing the truck to roll. Apparently, as it went over, he smacked his head on the street, then was ejected from the truck.

Right now, he is in an induced coma with significant head and chest injuries (several broken ribs, collapsed lung, head injuries, etc.) According to the person that contacted me, no one other than family and people that NEED to be there are allowed to visit right now. Give me a call if you have any other questions. I'll get you in contact with the person that called me, along with other friends and family of Rodd.

I'm supposed to get more info early this week, and hopefully go visit him as soon as the hospital feels that it is ok for more people to see him.

Keep Rodd in your prayers, he needs it.

- Andy

John Bitting

Administrator
Wow, Sites thank you for the update. Thoughts and prayers go out to Rodd and his family for a speedy and full recovery.

fishd00d

What A Joke
I was worried it was him when I read it because I didnt see him at Laughlin. I will call you and see whats up and when we can go see him. This is tragic news Rodd is a good guy!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Maybe I missed it but does anyone know what happened to the Smith/Ashley TT entry at Laughlin? Did they just miss Laughlin or are they done?

IDRA_CRB

Wardy,

They passed on LDC. Last time I talked to Dave they were waiting for the green light from FoMoCo do a new engine package.

Reese