• Forum membership has its advantages....

score moves laughlin date

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Score will change the date of the laughlin challenge to Jan 26 & 27 . This is due to the date change of the super bowl leaving a open weekend in laughlin, and the visitor and convention of vegas wanting to fill it .

MikeLeung

Its that the same weekend as the Whiplash Parker 400? Good job SCORE in screwing peoples schedule that had planned on racing both. I don't know about the rest of you guys...but my vote is for a real desert race and not a short course race.

Eric_Record

Official date for SNORE/WHIPLASH Parker 400 is Jan 26

I have spoken with Amy at Dominic Clark's office this morning and they do acknowledge about the possible date change to later in January then originally scheduled. However, as of this time, the actual date change to Jan 26 is NOT official from SCORE yet.

An official SCORE release will follow when and if the date is changed but it looks like they are definitely thinking about it. I hope the powers that be at SCORE keep in mind the already scheduled date for the WHIPLASH/SNORE Parker 400 race. This potential scheduling conflict would be a huge negative for the sport and definitely hurt attendance and participation at possibly both of these events.

Go Desert Productions ~~~~~~~~~~ <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.go-desert.com>http://www.go-desert.com</A>

Jack

Arent both of these areas controled by the same BLM office, I would think they would have a hard time staffing both. And therefore not grant the change.

pjc

Chairman
ORC is dedicated to cover the Parker 400 to include ealtime results. Sorry Sal.

PJCinLV

scott

Does anyone find it funny, that now Sal is losing racers and fans to a Whiplash Event, because of the schedule change. Don't get me wrong, the Parker 400 race is awesome, but it just strikes me funny that the once POWERFUL Score is getting bumped by smaller sanctioning bodies.

Eric_Record

The dates for SCORE Laughlin have been officially changed.

go and read the web post at...
http://www.go-desert.com

Rory

Crayola Killer
Sal was not the one who changed the Laughlin date, It was the LVVCC. The Laughlin race is always scheduled on the slowest weekend in January (Weekend before the super bowl), and since the Super Bowl date was moved, so was the Laughlin race. If the LVVCC is righting the check, which I hear has been cut by some major amount of money due to the steep drop off in tourism in LV, they say when the race date will be. I know WE are all upset with the date change but don't target the wrong guy. I'd like to be at both races but I'm going to be in Laughlin. See you all in BAJA.

Racers Only

Eric_Record

Rory, coming down from the L.V.C.V.A. (The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Association) decision or not, Sal knew of the other race schedule dates by now and should have at least acknowledge that the event weekend DIRECTLY conflicts with already scheduled races to be held in Parker. bottom line, work or at least freaking try to work with the other promoters for a possible resolve to this re-scheduling issue before officially announcing a schedule change. this scheduling conflict is just plain bad for the sport, why not at least try to negotiate for another date that dosent conflict with another big event ?

Go Desert Productions ~~~~~~~~~~ <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.go-desert.com>http://www.go-desert.com</A>

John Bitting

Administrator
This eventually comes back to the thought.. TOO MANY PROMOTERS??? How many whip racers race laughlin, Seems that with the two races so close not that many teams would do both, I could be way wrong though..

hammer

This is a real bummer because we planned to race both, but now if the Prodirt vote goes the way it looks like it will we are going to Parker with the rest of the class 1 cars. Also heard to be going to Parker is Pro 10 and Pro 1600 which means very little cars at Laughlin. This is not for sure yet because race schedules have not been posted yet but that is the way things are looking.

TROPHYSEDAN

Work for us .know we have time after the first mdr race to get ready Thanks Dennis

pjc

Chairman
Hi Rory,

Wanna take odds on which race draws more?

Don't get me wrong. I am not taking sides here a bit but, my hunch is that the Parker 400 will be the race of the weekend.

1) The AZ racers are extremely loyal.
2) The Parker venue allows overnite camping around the gauntlet. A great family deal.
3) Pro-Dirt will be at Parker.
4) Also, I think the 1/2 1600 assembly will be there.

Lastly, as mentioned, I committed to the Whip folks to be there. This will probabaly result in large coverage for their event and only photos and (after race) results for Laughlin.

PJCinLV

hammer

You forgot one Thing, and that is they are racing many drivers favorite course, the old Parker 400 course.

Jimmy8

Everyone in Parker has worked hard to make this race a huge sucess and I am glad to see that it will not be ruined. We are looking at over 200 entries and the old long course. This race will be epic. I am glad to see ORC will be at Parker and I would like to thatnk all the organizations and racers still coming to Parker. You wont be sorry.

kurt

It's unfortunate that things have worked out the way they have, unfortunately some things are out of our control, I totally understand the city of Laughlin wanting to change the date to their slow weekend (they put up the $$$), my question is did SCORE (Sal) explain to the powers to be at the city of Laughlin the ramifications of moving the date to a weekend of another "big" race, everybody loses! We, as many others, were planning on doing both - now it comes down to a choice, race 96 miles over 2 days for an entry fee of $1000 or race 400 miles in a true "classic" desert race for $400 and potentialy bigger pay-back. From the people I have talked with it looks as thou Prodirt, Pro-1600, and Pro-10 will all be at Parker (thou they havn't yet voted on their 2002 schedules).