Score needs to provide a helicopter to the first bike on the race course

speedys racing

Reaction
I been thinking that Score International should provide a helicopter to the first bike in the race course when racing a Baja, there is always people driving in the race course, and a helicopter would be a way to let people know that a bike its coming their way, after what happen to Mike this weekend Score should do something about this, Mike could of got really hurt.
First bike on the course cannot be out there with out a helicopter,

My 2 cents

fusionoffroad

Reaction
Unfortunatly i think that is somthing you need to know and think about when racing a bike in mexico.it sucks but its life.helicopters are expensive and every bike would need 1 to stop the problem. And that will never happen. 113x got in a head on but he was way back in the pack.a helicopter following mike would never have helped 113x.i truly feel bad but to fix the problem would be to eliminate the bikes and i think everyone would agree that would suck. Not shooting your idea but reality is things like this post actually hurt the mx side of desert racing although im shure that is not your intensions.80 PERCENT OF THE BIKES DID NOT EVAN HAVE A TRACKER ON THEM I CANT EVAN UNDERSTAND THAT

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Its mexico...if youre fast enough to be up front you should be fast enough to get somebody to supply a helicopter if you feel it would make you safer. Why should every racer pay extra so the first bike has a chopper? Mexico is dangerous and if youre gonna go fast you are gonna take chances and in mexico part of the "chance" is cars or animals on course.

BGRANT

Reaction
I understand your point but there were quite a few bikes besides Childress that went head to head with a car. It's part of racing in Mexico and thats that.

tacoman

Reaction
besides i would say that 90% of the time the leading bike is a factory sponsored bike (honda) and they almost always have a heilo following them or ahead of them.

speedys racing

Reaction
besides i would say that 90% of the time the leading bike is a factory sponsored bike (honda) and they almost always have a heilo following them or ahead of them.

yes and i also saw that when 4x pass mile 400 he had 2 helicopters one from score and the other one from honda,
i wonder what ox, hengeveld and childress have to say, they been in front for a few times with out a helicopter, we just hope nothing bad happen, like with hamel.

and about 113x he still in the hospital, family are in need of money, he has a wife and two kids, we are making donations to his bank acount,

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
the strangest thing is that if you have a helo it's against the rules for
them to alert you to anything they see on the course in front of you....

...now how's that for whacky.

MIKEY CHILDRESS

Iron Mike
Reaction
the strangest thing is that if you have a helo it's against the rules for
them to alert you to anything they see on the course in front of you....

...now how's that for whacky.
Nope they can alert you for saftey reasons....The helicopter isnt to be used to find a better line or help block another race vehicle..The bummer part was we did have a helicopter it just didnt get in the air in time for some reason..

JohnnyAirtime

Reaction
I been thinking that Score International should provide a helicopter to the first bike in the race course when racing a Baja, there is always people driving in the race course, and a helicopter would be a way to let people know that a bike its coming their way, after what happen to Mike this weekend Score should do something about this, Mike could of got really hurt.
First bike on the course cannot be out there with out a helicopter,

My 2 cents
I see your point .... and even though it's a good, costly idea...

Don't you think it might give that first bike a "false sense of security"??

... I know most of the top 5 racers would "know better", but to add a chopper for the first bike, is .... just ... not going to happen. Not on SCORE's dime anyway.

Add... the first bike then would have an advantage (what about bike #2... and so on)... and ADD, the chopper can't be everywhere (no Night... no Fog... has to stop to refuel....etc.etc.).

The first bike does usually have a chopper. I'm waiting for that to not be the case, when Honda is unseated. This was a great race... and for a time... 2X was ON FIRE. Then... not... Then ON FIRE again. I can't wait for the 1000!!

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Nope they can alert you for saftey reasons....The helicopter isnt to be used to find a better line or help block another race vehicle..The bummer part was we did have a helicopter it just didnt get in the air in time for some reason..
Mikey...was yours the BA red turbine helo? The person flying that thing had skills for sure. He landed at RM 98, couple guys got out and consulted with Henge.