• Forum membership has its advantages....

SCORE-OFFROAD...most race wanted back

scott

*******************************************RACE THAT YOU MISS THE MOST****************************************
from SCORE-INTERNATIONAL ( HDRA)

PLEASE VOTE................................................................................................................................

#1---- FIREWORKS 250.......................BARSTOW, CA
#2----- PARKER 400..............................PARKER, AZ
#3----- MINT 400....................................LAS VEGAS, NV

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Mint 400!

Never got to see it in person and have heard lots of stories about how it was a great race.

Shaun

Mike_McCluskey

Barstow. The easiest to get to most spectator friendly race on the list. I would have loved to see the Parker and Mint races with the 400 entries or so but the blm have made those areas kinda shiaty for spectating. I'd race any of them though!

Good question!

Anybody got a Fortin for sale? (I know it should be in the want ads but I'll get there)

martininsocal

the real mint everyone loved was not a score race. it was an independent race put on by the mint hotel.
later, after the mint decided to drop the race because the liability insurance was killing them, they sold the rights to the race to hdra. walt tried to keep the tradition alive, but when score took over, the real mint died. why can't score create the types of relationships with the hotels in vegas like walt did? what happened to the frontier 500? the frontier 250? the gold coast? the mint? what is it that walat had that sal lacks?

If your gonna go, go BIG

Junior

I most miss the Parker 400. I know that in the last few year of the SCORE Parker 400 the BLM and CRIT went out of control but prior to that it was my favorite race. Remember Thursday nights before contingency at the _____________________ its been so long I can't remember the name of the bar! Was it sportsmens? Anyway, great racing and great partying. Only 2 hours from my casa........! No it was Sports Valley! Man its been a long time!

Junior
EJR Racing #244

rdc

martininsocal, brings up a good point. Isn’t one of the main jobs for a promoter (the head of any sanctioning body) to be a good PR guy? Not just in off road racing but in any sport. And I think that this is the one serious flaw that is haunting SCORE. There is no PR or should I say “good PR”.

Shaun

Jimmy8

I miss the Parker 400 most of all. I am a racer and I do live in Parker, but the whiplash race just isnt the same. This last year has been the best year yet as far as entries go, but it still isnt the same. Whiplash has done some good things though, the gauntlet is pretty cool, although it needs to be changed every year instead of keeping the same one. Running down main street of Parker is also pretty cool. The only thing that sucks now is the fact that Jay shortened up the course and the full loops are not run anymore because the whiplash drivers complained that the course was too long, now it is more like 250 miles. It is to bad that SCORE did not think of doing some small changes to make the race a lot better. With Sal's no how, this race could have been one of SCORE's premeir events, but now it is Whiplash's. Although Sal and Casey both want to add the race to their season schedules.

Gabe Lara

Between them all, I'd have to say Barstow. By far, the easiest place to spectate.
The Mint did bring out ALL of the $$ though.....

Cameron

Mine would have to be the MINT 400 before HDRA/SCORE took it over.
Over 400 cars to see at on Fremont street and it took all day.
What a great off-road party it was.
I still have a t-shirt and jacket from the 1980 mint!!!

<font color=red>Cameron</font color=red>

<font color=yellow>BRAT Racing # 936</font color=yellow>

Tim

Mines the Fireworks 250, just because of some good memories from a trip out there with some buddies

DougM

Barstow, easy to get to all places,easy to spectate, although the heat killed it for alot of folks..110* in the shade was rough.

rdc

I would have to say Mint 400, because my Dad went to it and said that he would take me if there was another race there.

Donahoe

Parker with the California side........... Dug it... THunder ally rocked.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

blazersracing

I have already voted on the Fireworks race, but I want to change that and say just the 1995 fireworks. Thats the year when the TT's ran a 20 mile course and went 12 laps. That has got to be the best set up for any race course. Why doesnt anyone from the PRO-DIRT, or the class-7s coalition get together and organize a Laughlin style Primm 300. I know that the laughlin visitors bureau doesnt care about this race, and thats why they dont supply the grandstands or the water trucks. I also know that this race could be just as big as laughlin. SCORE could get just as many spectators at this race as they do at any other. They just need to shorten the course, and make an infeild section. ITs time to make this sport more spectator friendly. COME ON PEOPLE !!!!!. I know that I would pay $20 just to sit in the grandstands if there was something cool to watch.