• Forum membership has its advantages....

SCORE or BITD

SCORE or BITD

• SCORE (They have Mex)

Votes: 75 37.5%
  • BITD (They have Nevada)

Votes: 125 62.5%

• Total voters

D Bergstrom

Never raced in SCORE, but have went to alot of the races as either a spectator or pit crew. Have been to the 250, 500, and 1000 in Mexico a few times, but I think I would rather stay and race in the States. No booby traps, no people on the course, don't really hear about a lot of theft. That is why I race BITD. As a quad rider, I also feel BITD is a little safer for us. Other then Vegas to Reno, Casey gives us a seperate course or race, or we start with enough of a lead to finish before the cars/trucks.

Doug

RacingMadMax

I think the Nevada 1000 that BITD did a couple of times was the coolest format, I hope they do more 2 or 3 day stage events.
The main problem with a 4 day rally stage race is the BIG money problem. Instead of a one day event everyone, BITD officals, town folks, BLM people all have to plan on 4 different days of racing. BITD officals put out 200% on the Nevada 1000 in 05 and BITD probably had to have 2x and many people as for a normal race. Tonapah had to prep for us off roader and get the hotels, restarants, gas stations ready for us which cost more money. Oh and the BLM oh when casey ask them if he could have a 4 day rally event they probably laughed at him, and they probably told him "with more money you can have this event". Well with the great sponsors of the Nevada 1000 the McMillins BITD could have that event. Yes it would be very cool to have that type of event able in the future but its all about the money.
p.s. Bitd is the best in the dezert. And thank you Casey and staff for the hard work you guys put out at every event. cant wait for v2r.

Sparky

I feel both have their positives, each organization needs to make some changes. I think Score needs to ditch Laughlin and I think BITD needs to have a 1000. I think the should combine together for one year and make a Super Series 8 race schedule!
The series would look like this:
Race 1 Parker 425 Last weekend of January
Race2 San Felipe 250 First week of March
Race 3 Terribles Town 250 First week of April
Race 4 Baja 500 Second week of June
Race 5 Vegas to Reno First week of August
Race 6 Primm Second week of September
Race 7 Henderson 400 second week of October
Race 8 Baja 1000 Down the Peninsula first week of December

Highly doubt this would happen but i think it would be awesome, and think of the entree numbers! Anyways both promotors run great series all matter on what youre interested in.
Reminds me of 25 years ago when people started talking about combining SCORE and HDRA.

Tom_Willis

In the last three decades if you mention that you raced the Baja 1000 to anybody on Earth you get that look that says "dude, you got some balls on you".

kevin bedrock graves

well it depends what your voting on or reasons for one way or the other.heres my take to anyone that cares.I've raced both series and for excitement I vote score- your right baja mill,terribles cup,laughlin. my vote for best organization is bitd- casey and diane run a organized and safe event-and i'm still trying to win a whistle dick award.you dont get all want-a-bees.:eek: :rolleyes:

johnnyweb

put my vote in for bitd. of course i have never raced in mexico i deffinently want to do the 1000 before long. the class i race (7300 know 8100) is just more competition and payback in bitd plus my race costs are less staying in the states. as casey does do a great job putting on his races. but i have to concour the baja 1000 soon!!!!

STV-X

Ok guys. Just look at bumper/window stickers down the freeway and you will get the answer. There's like 500 to 1 SCORE decals vs. BITD ones. Yes BITD is a great organization, they have great people, but so does SCORE and SCORE has the Baja 1000, which is the greatest off-road event in the planet. That's my take. My vote is for SCORE.

MIKEY CHILDRESS

Iron Mike
SCORE Has the Baja 1000
BITD Has Vegas to Reno
SCORE Lots of people have things stolen
BITD Has all those darn cops in the little towns
SCORE you get to race on the beach
BITD You get wonderful nevada desert and mountains
SCORE Has lots of silt
BITD Has more silt
SCORE You can chase
BITD Dont you dare try to chase
SCORE your pretty far from a hospital
BITD Your a little closer to a hospital
SCORE You have the fight the damn border
BITD You have to get lucky to have a traffic free run north of Barstow
SCORE You might have 100 miles of pavement racing at the 1000
BITD You might cross a few roads on your way to Reno
SCORE When you crash the mexicans try to steal the things off your car
BITD the next guy to come along will help you.

"FACTORY"

SCORE Has the Baja 1000
BITD Has Vegas to Reno
SCORE Lots of people have things stolen
BITD Has all those darn cops in the little towns
SCORE you get to race on the beach
BITD You get wonderful nevada desert and mountains
SCORE Has lots of silt
BITD Has more silt
SCORE You can chase
BITD Dont you dare try to chase
SCORE your pretty far from a hospital
BITD Your a little closer to a hospital
SCORE You have the fight the damn border
BITD You have to get lucky to have a traffic free run north of Barstow
SCORE You might have 100 miles of pavement racing at the 1000
BITD You might cross a few roads on your way to Reno
SCORE When you crash the mexicans try to steal the things off your car
BITD the next guy to come along will help you.
SCORE has Baja and Nevada... BITD has.. well Nevada...

LukeMcMillin

Most negative things that people say about SCORE I kinda of find those things to add to the fun and excitement and adventure!

Vtr_Racing

Ive always liked BITD. Score has Mexico and thats it. I enjoy Mexico tremendously but since the questions which ORG do you prefer, that would be BITD. I think both racing orgs provide unique racing opportunities. Still waiting for my Baja 250 finishing pin though!

Samco Fab

SCORE has Baja and Nevada... BITD has.. well Nevada...
BITD has Parker AZ, which is no Baja, but a great race nonetheless.

If the Baja 1000 was ran like a BITD race (which it could not) it would loose some of the mystique, and danger. The craziness of Baja and sometimes Score makes it exciting and makes for great stories and racing, but it can get nasty at times.

We need both series to have the great racing we have today! They could not replace each other. We owe Casey and Sal a ton for what they both do.

bajafox

Accepted
I prefer CODE over anything out there.

But since I can only pick between these two, he who owns the San Felipe 250 is my pick...my first and most memorable race.

TMorford

SCORE has Mexico, and in Mexico 19 year old codawgs can sign autographs like they were racing a TT. :p Wouldnt get that in Nevada.

booger

you are all talking about the fun and excitment before and after the race. mexico is hands down the winner. but logistically, BITD wins. still cool tracks, bumper to bumper racing. and only one day of PRE FUN RUN. even for everyone, not just a high dollar team that can spend a month down in mexico prerunning.