Score Penalties - 12 down, 21 to go

ML Racer

Reaction
Penalties Accessed
TT, 1, 1/2-1600, 3, 5, 7, 8, 21, 22, 25, 26, 60

Yet to be accessed
5-1600, 6, 7SX, 9, 10, 11, 12, 20, 24, 30, 40, 50, Stock Mini, Stock Full, Pro Truck, SPT Car, SPT Truck, SPT UTV, SPT M/C -250CC, SPT M/C +250, SPT ATV

12 classes accessed in 12 days should mean another 3 weeks and we'll have it all fingered out:rolleyes:

Tipracer

Reaction
I really want to see the 5-16 results..maybe next week???

Tipracer

Reaction
they went from winning too DNF with just 6 min of penalties but they only had 2 min 8 sec to pay with :mad:

That suck's...but how about Kevin Carr, hauling the mail with NO penalties...Great Job...when it is all said and done I want to see how you did overall...

Last edited:

Tipracer

Reaction
SO with that statement SCORE has just let the world know that there will no longer be any gimmies...Within time or No time!!!

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
they went from winning too DNF with just 6 min of penalties but they only had 2 min 8 sec to pay with :mad:

Jeez. That sucks. They had problems all day. I was hanging out with them at their San Vicente pit (enjoying Dog Eater's delicious carne asada, thanks Dog Eater!) and the truck lost power steering crossing over from VD Trinidad and they worked their butts off to get that thing fixed and accross the finish line.

With only 6 minutes of speed penalties it's obvious that they were conscious of the rule and trying to keep it under 60mph. If there was guaranteed 100% accuracy on the IRC tracker speed I'd have no sympathy.

But when there's even a slight possibility of a misreading........ for example on the 2008 Baja 1000 update thread: "IRC 745 Brandt Anderson says 567 mph!!!! prepare for LUDICROUS SPEED!!! hahahaha." I know for a fact I wasn't going 567mph in a little 7s truck....that thing tops out at 520.

I realize the online tracking is different than the official tracking that SCORE sees. But when the difference between a DNF and a 1st place finish could literally be due to 1 bad, or a few close readings, when you're obviously not one of those who was abusive (19x) that just really sucks.

I'm not saying SCORE can or should be making any exceptions. That would ruin their credibility in the whole situation. This is what they have to do to make their point. I'm just saying that the guys and gals who are suffering from the collateral damage in this whole situation should get at least some unofficial sympathy from us.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

Thats total bull**BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** on SCORE. How can you give them a DNF when they raced all day and had major problems and fixed the truck and got it to the finish line with 3 MIN to spare on timing out!! Not to mention they were the only truck to finish in the class. What so they went 61 mph in like 2 spots to get a 6min penalty?? Thats crap and SCORE is a joke if they are going to enforce stuff like that and take away hard earned finishes from people. How do you know how accurate the stupid IRC unit even is to say that its accurate enough within 1mph to be able to give someone a dnf because of it.

They need to come up with a better way for sure. This is a joke lol

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Have you ever checked one (IRC) against your speedo or car GPS ??

J. Avila

Reaction
I think score should come out with a GOOD demo of how the IRC works, a comparative video against the most common GPS, No body knows how accurate it is! If we are all paying for it we should at least know how it works? how it gets calibrated (if it does)? etc. etc. etc.

Just my 0.02

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
You cant because there is no screen on the IRC units to see what its transmitting. Only a green "working" light.

You can....
But,,,,its the same technology as your car GPS Garmin Lowrance etc....t

mexgamer

Reaction
Iri-track is ssh1tt last year it wouldnt work on our bike, it had a flashing light and we had to call the IRC officials to help us because it wouldnt track us, then they told us that it didnt matter... so i dont know what happened at the end...

jamoffroad1

Reaction
who cares about the highway... dont speed i want to know about the course how far is to far and how lost is to lost? if this is the new SCORE they need to adopt BITD rules no pre run. no chase just pits in pit locals...the speeding is easy to fix but the couse stuff whats legal and whats not???

go woody

Reaction
You can bet on getting dqed for ridiculous things. terribils cup jason mcneil or aj rodriqeuz for being a quarter inch too wide

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Terrible's cup good times ,good times, I also was DQ'ed for 1 heat for being 1" to wide.If I remember right 12 of 15 7 trucks were DQ'ed at one point of the weekend,thank's to BFG we changed our tires for 35x12.5 to 33x10.5,looked funny as heck but,ended up 2nd !!! not bad ,for not knowing what I was doing and my wife as my Co-driver.