SCORE Primm 300 Spectating

abriley

Reaction
I looked on the SCORE website but didn't find the info that I'm looking for so I thought I would post up here. I'm interested in spectating at the Primm 300 (something to do with my kids and get out of the house) and am wondering if there is anything setup like at the BITD Primm race earlier this spring where there were bleachers set up and the vehicles came through and looped around before going to the pit area. Thanks

-Tony

Ozzie M

Reaction
I looked on the SCORE website but didn't find the info that I'm looking for so I thought I would post up here. I'm interested in spectating at the Primm 300 (something to do with my kids and get out of the house) and am wondering if there is anything setup like at the BITD Primm race earlier this spring where there were bleachers set up and the vehicles came through and looped around before going to the pit area. Thanks

-Tony

I think they will use that part again but then who knows no course map yet.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
I know that the short course track will be available for spectating - it is the start/finish line :D

abriley

Reaction
I saw the course map is posted today and the designated spectator area is not like the BITD race. I might go anyway if I can figure out how to get to it.

J Prich

Reaction
Same spot as usual for the Jean area. But since the pits are going to run parallel to the 15 coming back in to the short course that means no dyke jump right?

abriley

Reaction
I think the spectating area that I am thinking of is the short course area. At the BITD race I didn't actually go over there and watch, just heard people talking about it. Thanks for all the input.

Bouldersaurus

Reaction

abriley

Reaction
Ok, I decided I'll try the area at MM 47 near Jean. So if I go to the Jean exit on I15 and go north on Las Vegas Blvd, can I get to mm47? If not, how do I get there?

Thanks in advance

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
if you get off at jean turn left on las vegas blvd (north) you go about 3 miles you will see a rail road underpass you will go under that bridge there is plenty of parking and room to watch that is a good area to watch for sure bring plenty of water and some shade

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
OK, I've been here a million times, but I still wonder where the gnarliest section is for photos/videos. Adam Ashcraft said around RM28, a mile or two after lower Knight Ranch Road pit. Where else? Is there a giant g-out somewhere? Don't make me come down there with shovels and logs and build a jump!!! I have learned a thing or two in MX -- 4Days Action style! (just kidding - please don't start crucifying me)

J Prich

Reaction
if you get off at jean turn left on las vegas blvd (north) you go about 3 miles you will see a rail road underpass you will go under that bridge there is plenty of parking and room to watch that is a good area to watch for sure bring plenty of water and some shade

And keep your fingers crossed that the wind is blowing to the east. If it's blowing west, be prepared to eat a lot of dust!

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
OK, I've been here a million times, but I still wonder where the gnarliest section is for photos/videos. Adam Ashcraft said around RM28, a mile or two after lower Knight Ranch Road pit. Where else? Is there a giant g-out somewhere? Don't make me come down there with shovels and logs and build a jump!!! I have learned a thing or two in MX -- 4Days Action style! (just kidding - please don't start crucifying me)

I can tell you that from my experience coordinating many races on this course... We have never had a race without 2 roll overs in the Race mile 32 / 33 area....

That area just outside upper Knight Ranch always claims a few vehicles. One year we had to fly 3 people out of there in just the first 2 hours of racing...

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
I can tell you that from my experience coordinating many races on this course... We have never had a race without 2 roll overs in the Race mile 32 / 33 area....

That area just outside upper Knight Ranch always claims a few vehicles. One year we had to fly 3 people out of there in just the first 2 hours of racing...

Yep, I hope I am not busy on Saturday. But prepared if it happens.

SplitFusion2390

Reaction
if you get off at jean turn left on las vegas blvd (north) you go about 3 miles you will see a rail road underpass you will go under that bridge there is plenty of parking and room to watch that is a good area to watch for sure bring plenty of water and some shade[/QUOTE

When we went to the spectator area for the BITD race this year at Primm BLM had us park probably half mile away and hike to the track. And the area was very small I can see it getting pretty crowded now that its on the map and people will know about it. I'm pretty sure its the same place. Can some confirm for me.

Tyler7

Reaction
In past years Pit C (now pit 1) Was the funnest spot to spectate cause the jump coming into the pit alot of people get crossed up when they hit it balls out so always makes for good spectating. but since its going the other way dont know how that will work out.