SCORE Rookie of the Year

Romanrides

Seems like SCORE could have put a little more thought into their voting link. No bio’s for candidates, anyone can vote and there are no safe guards in place to limit the amount of votes one person can make=duplicate votes. Just click click click as many times as you want.

MTPyle

Wouldn't Rookie of the year be based on points? Why make it subjective? Maybe they only weight the voting as a small part of the scoring for the winner?

Mike

Wendell #527

Yea you’re right. I just went on and voted. It gives you a verification code, but you just go back in and it gives you another verification code. At least they have it where you have to pick from a list of the finalists. Otherwise some tweaker who entered one race could log in again and again all night, vote for himself 1800 times and become rookie of the year. At least you have to pick from the list.

AZ7000'

It limits 5 votes per IP address. Not "unlimited."
What, you mean SCORE tries? They aren’t the worst at everything they do? Wow, who would have thought they try to do a good job and go as far as honor a rookie of the year, the shame...

rkracing

I would rather see the vote limited to racers or media members on all the categories. The way it is it seems like whoever gets more shares on social media would win instead of being based on merit.

mgobaja

will they award rookie of the year for Cars / Bikes / Utvs each ?

Of the 6 candidates listed, only 3 finished all of the races. 2 suffered DNF's and 1 fell to a DQ, which mean no starting points were even earned due to the DQ ( kind of rules them out, as the DQ tarnishes the award )

2 of those 4 that remain are class champions for 2018

AZ7000'

Voting matters??

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Bro_Gill

Well, maybe there was a diversity clause or something. Most points or wins or finishes shouldn't matter. Class Championship as a Rookie? Meh.