Score rule change for Trophy Truck Spec

Robert Mason

Reaction
I was just on the Score website checking out the rules for the TTspec class. Previously the motor was limited to a sealed LS3 engine with a maximum of 525hp. They have now opened it up to any sealed motor with a maximum of 525hp. No restriction on ecu etc... Restricted to a th400 without underdrive. Seems like the LS7 would be a good choice if you had no intention of running BITD or any other series beside Score. How does Score go about regulating that all of the motors are under 525hp? I know that there are several engine builders that are allowed to tag the engines. Do we just assume that all of their dynos read the same? What are your thoughts on the rule change?

Attachments

• TTspec rules.JPG
    TTspec rules.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 650
  • TTspec rules1.JPG
    TTspec rules1.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 618

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
typo......im hoping......

redline

Reaction
Wow. Cheater motors are really going to run rampant now! So much for a leveled playing field and even cost of running!

Robert Mason

Reaction
Score isn't doing the class any favors. If they wanted to open it up to 525hp, why not allow the ls3 from gm that is rated at 525hp rather than letting several motor builders build motors with whatever internals they choose, throw a tag on it and we will just take their word for it that it makes no more than 525hp.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Robert Mason

Reaction
In BITD I truly do think that the engines are at a level playing field. Motor has to be factory from GM, shipped directly to Turnkey. Motors can't be rebuilt. Turnkey is the only one allowed to tag them. Turnkey is at the finish line of every race teching engines. Sure if someone really wanted to cheat there is always a way. At least Bitd is attempted to keep things fair. Score on the other hand is not.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
From the beginning I said that this would happen. I said then that the mandate should be pump gas and rev limiters. These would need to be backed up heavy penalties if someone cheated those rules,

Protruck had that right

MADMILLER

Reaction
This will ruin the class for guys like my team...now you will have dry sump motors...all the best parts..ya 525 hp max......ya ok!!

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Score isn't doing the class any favors. If they wanted to open it up to 525hp, why not allow the ls3 from gm that is rated at 525hp rather than letting several motor builders build motors with whatever internals they choose, throw a tag on it and we will just take their word for it that it makes no more than 525hp.

the engine that you are referring to has been LEGAL in SCORE for ttspec for a couple years......please tell me you are just kidding around that you dont know that.......

Robert Mason

Reaction
Pete,
The problem is that they are not specific enough with the rules. I am aware that the 525hp version of the LS3 from GM is legal to run. Every truck we build that runs SCORE gets that motor. There are other teams getting motors that have parts other than what come from GM in them, which are then tagged by the engine builder. Which technically is not illegal according to the rulebook, as long as it "does not have more than 525hp". I think the rulebook should specify a GM part number that is legal. Score also allows to have engines rebuilt, which is also asking for cheating. In my opinion BITD has it right. I just want whats best for the class so that it continues to grow.

desertlady

Reaction
SCORE TT Spec rule CR12 Wheels & Tires typographical error has been corrected. Wheel and tire size is not restricted

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
SCORE TT Spec rule CR12 Wheels & Tires typographical error has been corrected. Wheel and tire size is not restricted
please fix the ENGINE rule typo as well....THANK YOU...

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Pete,
The problem is that they are not specific enough with the rules. I am aware that the 525hp version of the LS3 from GM is legal to run. Every truck we build that runs SCORE gets that motor. There are other teams getting motors that have parts other than what come from GM in them, which are then tagged by the engine builder. Which technically is not illegal according to the rulebook, as long as it "does not have more than 525hp". I think the rulebook should specify a GM part number that is legal. Score also allows to have engines rebuilt, which is also asking for cheating. In my opinion BITD has it right. I just want whats best for the class so that it continues to grow.
hhhmmmm... very odd that you posted the EXACT OPPOSITE above.......democrat???

Reaction
Why why why? It makes no sense and is obviously going to be impossible to control. After spending years in 7200 replacing motors every other race we finally find a class that is way fun to drive in and has a combination that is fairly easy on the rest of the truck. BITD has the high road on this one. What could possibly motivate them to change it. You really have to work at cheating to get around the BITD rules.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Why why why? It makes no sense and is obviously going to be impossible to control. After spending years in 7200 replacing motors every other race we finally find a class that is way fun to drive in and has a combination that is fairly easy on the rest of the truck. BITD has the high road on this one. What could possibly motivate them to change it. You really have to work at cheating to get around the BITD rules.
IN THEORY......if you only knew the facts....the BITD engine rule is PERFECTLY clear to me.......but OTHERS are MISREADING/MISINTERPRETING IT......it pisses me off......its nonsense...

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
as you seem to be posting FOR score.....is the chev LS7 427ci engine now LEGAL in ttspec??? YES OR NO???? .....ps, DO NOT IGNORE, we all want to know what these new revisions mean.........p.s. it is listed as 505hp from chev in crate form, so it fits the rules as they are written today...