Jerry

RDC Crypto
That's the second post in this thread you've demonstrated Skitt's Law. :cool:

Well done!

34679355901_81b1b3d1e3_n.jpg

Skitt's law. New to me.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
An observation I have gathered from this thread...

One side of the argument says that engines that have been balanced and improved on are cheaters. Partly because they could be installing illegal parts while doing this work. And it doesn't follow the spirit of the rule.

The other side says that a balanced and improved engine does not really gain that much advantage (50 hp) and the first side needs to drive better and stop trying to take the engine builders lively hood. And that the engine builders are following the "Letter" of the law and perfectly legal in doing so.

My conclusion is: the rules need to be more specific. And the guys running the modified engines are wasting their money if it really gives them no advantage. If you want to throw money away I will send you my bank info and you can put some of it there. The guys that are running bone stock correctly tagged engines need to protest those that are not and call them on the carpet at the races. Doing so here on an internet forum only goes so far.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
An observation I have gathered from this thread...

One side of the argument says that engines that have been balanced and improved on are cheaters. Partly because they could be installing illegal parts while doing this work. And it doesn't follow the spirit of the rule.

The other side says that a balanced and improved engine does not really gain that much advantage (50 hp) and the first side needs to drive better and stop trying to take the engine builders lively hood. And that the engine builders are following the "Letter" of the law and perfectly legal in doing so.

My conclusion is: the rules need to be more specific. And the guys running the modified engines are wasting their money if it really gives them no advantage. If you want to throw money away I will send you my bank info and you can put some of it there. The guys that are running bone stock correctly tagged engines need to protest those that are not and call them on the carpet at the races. Doing so here on an internet forum only goes so far.
this thread is/was about the lack of 'definition" in the newly updated score rules.....there is basically NO engine rule except "525hp sealed engine"......score says they are having meetings and clarifying the rules to what engine packages are allowed now......the best in the desert rules are MUCH more specific, but are not being followed by teams/shops/ sealing company.....NOBODY wants to protest anyone (to my knowledge) , a couple trucks DID not pass post race tech after the mint, but nothing has been done about it or released about the findings or why the failed tech.....do 95% of the guys in the class want the rules to be SPECIFIC about the engines??? i would say ABSOLUTELY, but maybe i am wrong......its better to fix NOW before it gets out of hand....STOCK, SEALED, factory ecu, UNMOLESTED CRATE ENGINE,...... tuning, headers and external accessories open, like it is now......like/dislike???

corey.t

RDC Crypto
So are we going to come up with some solid rules and try to present them or is everyone going to just keep going back and forth and get nothing done?

Racing Ron

RDC Crypto
Oxford comma. It bites so many written rules, laws, regulations, etc. The rule as written, is vague and open to interpretation. Without the rule writer or writers chiming in with their intentions, it will be interpreted how each wants or benefits. Clear wording is the best solution, but see below what the comma can do.

All engines regardless of manufacture and place of purchase must be sent to Turnkey Engine Supply in a crate from the factory of what the engine represents, i.e. Ford, GM etc... Turnkey Engine Supply will tag and seal the engine before they are taken out of the crate.

All engines regardless of manufacture and place of purchase must be sent to Turnkey Engine Supply, in a crate from the factory of what the engine represents, i.e. Ford, GM etc... Turnkey Engine Supply will tag and seal the engine before they are taken out of the crate.

All engines regardless of manufacture and place of purchase must be sent to Turnkey Engine Supply in a crate, from the factory, of what the engine represents, i.e. Ford, GM etc... Turnkey Engine Supply will tag and seal the engine before they are taken out of the crate.

Here's a potential $10 million comma https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/16/us/oxford-comma-lawsuit.html?_r=0

Good luck - it shouldn't be this hard, but some racers always think they need an advantage, rather than practice, experience, hard work and some luck.

CRAIG_HALL

RDC Crypto
Website
www.halldesigns.com
99.9% of the issues with everything regarding the class rules, are simply the way the rules are WRITTEN. The wording needs to change and that's it. There was an intent when they were written, that intent just needs to be clarified.
The issue of parts allowed are another topic.

redline

RDC Crypto
(We really need another class.....)

Exactly! We should have an I know I'm cheating class, an oblivious that cheating class, a playing by the rules class, I think the rules should be like this class, and an I cant afford to play but want to complain class.

I think that should pretty much sum it all up!

In reality though probably the best solution to the engine debacle would be for Score to contact the the 10-15 TTspec racers that are running for the series and have a vote. TTspec was designed to be a lower running cost class and that is why most people built and designed trucks to run in it. By people that are not even racing in the class continuing to modify and and make the rules more ambiguous it is doing nothing but hurting it. Easy comparison is look at the entry numbers in BITD 6100 vs Score TTspec. I understand Baja also has some influence in the choice of wether or not to race but so does the cost of engine and tire size.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
you are stupid.....just because EVERYONE wants the rules "clarified", you think this will HURT the class????? EXACTLY the opposite....
This seems appropriate...

Mark Newhan

RDC Crypto
you are stupid.....just because EVERYONE wants the rules "clarified", you think this will HURT the class????? EXACTLY the opposite....

Well, I may be stupid, but I've been around long enough to see these kind of classes die. The problem is that there are a lot of accusations being thrown around (primarily by you) and yet there doesn't seem to be any movement by the sanctioning bodies. If there was some movement I'm sure you'd be posting quotes.

This is the same human condition that we're seeing in media and politics these days and I blame social media. Just because some nefarious individual posts up some black helicopter theory doesn't make it true. It's sad the the state of RDC has one to this. This thread (and some in Purple) are getting the most activity.

Since you've come on here and made countless allegations, just cut to the chase and put up the money to prove them, rather than merely publicly shame everyone in the class.

Who is "EVERYONE"? What clarification are you looking for? The clsss seems to be thriving as is, so if you can't beat'em, join'em....

At least tell us all who isn't cheating....

One more thing..... Protruck!

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
Well, I may be stupid, but I've been around long enough to see these kind of classes die. The problem is that there are a lot of accusations being thrown around (primarily by you) and yet there doesn't seem to be any movement by the sanctioning bodies. If there was some movement I'm sure you'd be posting quotes.

This is the same human condition that we're seeing in media and politics these days and I blame social media. Just because some nefarious individual posts up some black helicopter theory doesn't make it true. It's sad the the state of RDC has one to this. This thread (and some in Purple) are getting the most activity.

Since you've come on here and made countless allegations, just cut to the chase and put up the money to prove them, rather than merely publicly shame everyone in the class.

Who is "EVERYONE"? What clarification are you looking for? The clsss seems to be thriving as is, so if you can't beat'em, join'em....

At least tell us all who isn't cheating....

One more thing..... Protruck!
i have yet to figure out what your connection is to NOT having the engines STOCK, SEALED AND RIGHT OUT OF THE CRATE......but im sure it will come to light.....pro truck engines werent even close to "crate" engines, yes, im sure that was part of the downfall, and protruck was a totally spec EVERYTHING class, and ivan made a mess of it.......ttspec/6100 is/was a basically open class with a SPEC, SEALED engine.......until someone came up with a different rearend assembly, but lets not digress......

Mark Newhan

RDC Crypto
i have yet to figure out what your connection is to NOT having the engines STOCK, SEALED AND RIGHT OUT OF THE CRATE......but im sure it will come to light.....pro truck engines werent even close to "crate" engines, yes, im sure that was part of the downfall, and protruck was a totally spec EVERYTHING class, and ivan made a mess of it.......ttspec/6100 is/was a basically open class with a SPEC, SEALED engine.......until someone came up with a different rearend assembly, but lets not digress......

That's just it Pete, I have zero connection so I have zero emotion regarding this topic. I merely have a point of view and entered this discussion. But again, most of the input here is argumentative and nothing will be accomplished. Putting pressure on a sanctioning body to bid your will isn't the right way to go about it.

Who isn't cheating? Start there.

Kyle D

RDC Crypto
I love this thread. It's the reason I wake up in the morning. Please never let it die. Please.