• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Score San Felipe 250, 2017! Whos in? Prerunning pics and info

El Mamito USMC

ok guys as the tittle says..

Whos in ?

I know me team is and we're exited for this season..

also if I see some pics out there ill post them here.. also pics of the truck marking the course, rumors..

nickybobby333

I'll be there for my first SF 250. Looking forward to tacos, prerunning, and hopefully some good weather! Being the end of March it should be nice right?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

JDDurfey

Get your hotel rooms booked, if there are any left at this point. One year we camped just north of town on the beach, that was pretty cool. But I always preferred to stay right in town.

nickybobby333

Got an AirBnb south of town! First time racing SF, is it as rough as I am expecting it to be?? Trophy truck whoops for miles and miles??

JDDurfey

Go find the longest set of the knarliest whoops you can find and randomly scatter bowling ball sized rocks in them and practice them until you think you have them mastered and then practice some more. Ha Ha.

The problem with San Felipe is the whoops are inconsistent and the rocks really throw a curve ball in there. Pre-run every bit you can to find the best lines. If the race course goes down Matomi you will want to pre-run with a GPS on your bike. The wash is super wide in the lower part and there are multiple lines through the brush and the race course used to be "bank to bank". If you follow the main water channel you will be going way out of the way in placed. I passed many guys there and I never even saw them. I was lucky to meet up with PAB the first time I raced through there and he let me follow them in their buggy down through showing me the best lines. Come race day I hit every one of them and made up a lot of time.

AZ7000'

Got an AirBnb south of town! First time racing SF, is it as rough as I am expecting it to be?? Trophy truck whoops for miles and miles??

Yep, rough. I too will be there on 4 wheels this year... It is a sprint race, about as much fun as you can have racing!

Hayward Racing

I really hope it goes through Matomi

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

JDDurfey

The south end of Old Puertocitos road is real fun on a bike...NOT! 30 miles of whoops! Sand whoops, hard packed whoops, whoops with rocks in them, whoops down hill, whoops up hill, whoops in curves and whoops in straight aways. (Said in my best Bubba from Forest Gump impersonation)

But I would race it in a heart beat if I could get away and do it!!!

nickybobby333

The event schedule on the website says that the start line will be on the Malecon. They tried this last year didn't they, and it was moved last minute? Anybody think this will stand?

AZ KIRBY

I'm not sure yet. Probably sportsman being it's our first SCORE race. And I know we will get our asses handed to us hahah

PaulW

Not an issue
Probably same as the SF 150 with more safety improvements. Anyway the 150 worked just fine?
Staging was on the south end of the Malecon and with the larger number of entries it will be crowded and require some details to get all the racers lined up. Many of the SCORE officials were involved and did tech and oversight, so I expect no big issues for the 250.
The track was low speed zone N from the Malecon then south at the first street (all city streets) until the sand. After the highway tunnel the speed zone ends. Then they head for the dump road etc. I expect the route past the arches will not be used. Stella was used to monitor speeds and VCPs.
Pull up the SF150 .USR or KML file and look at the 150 track as it leaves and enters town.
Wait for the race files to get full understanding.

JDDurfey

I'm not sure yet. Probably sportsman being it's our first SCORE race. And I know we will get our asses handed to us hahah

I would just run sportsman, unless you want to get an earlier start by running Pro. I have raced both Sportsman and 30+ Pro and the slightly later start as a Sportsman didn't bother me. I never started though, always got on the bike in the roughest section of the course. If you are not quick in this race you stand a chance of getting caught by the TTs, they are so much faster than a bike in this race because of the whoops.

AZ KIRBY

I would just run sportsman, unless you want to get an earlier start by running Pro. I have raced both Sportsman and 30+ Pro and the slightly later start as a Sportsman didn't bother me. I never started though, always got on the bike in the roughest section of the course. If you are not quick in this race you stand a chance of getting caught by the TTs, they are so much faster than a bike in this race because of the whoops.
Thanks for insight. I just hope to finish jajaja. I know Mexico is a totally different beast then racing in the states. Huge learning curve

AZ7000'

If you are not quick in this race you stand a chance of getting caught by the TTs, they are so much faster than a bike in this race because of the whoops.
Please Please remember the lead TT's are going for the win or might be in a heated 2 or 3 car race.

I just hope to finish jajaja
Please put your safety first, none of us know the track yet but if it finishes up coming up from Matomi you will be gassed. See post 9 above.