• Forum membership has its advantages....

SCORE - San Felipe 250?

Should SCORE postpone the San Felipe 250?

• Yes - the risks are not worth it

Votes: 50 49.0%
  • No - the show must go on

Votes: 52 51.0%

• Total voters

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
I'm glad cooler heads prevailed despite all the machismo on this site encouraging the race to continue. I applaud SCORE for their decision.

Now who wants to start a new thread advocating LOORS more their race so its not the same day as the 250...? lol

Klaus

Administrator
I'm glad cooler heads prevailed despite all the machismo on this site encouraging the race to continue. I applaud SCORE for their decision.

Now who wants to start a new thread advocating LOORS more their race so its not the same day as the 250...? lol
Travis, look at the poll its still leading on the No side and see that as how strong offroad racers love to go race despite any road blocks.
However there is a point where one just has to go along with the unfortunate reality of the world. It just is what it is. I am sure there will be an awesome San Felipe makeup later when everyone is in a better situation.

Fun thread to read all the comments.

9rocky

It will be interesting to see the comments when, if as I suspect, we are not racing on May 9th either...

The economic domino effect of the virus to the entire economy, not to mention the off road economy, will be enormous.

Last edited:

bajafox

Accepted
It will be interesting to see the comments when, if as I suspect, we are not racing on May 9th either...

The economic domino effect of the virus to the entire economy, not to mention the off road economy, will be enormous.
I'm guessing there are going to be some really good deals on toys soon.

E.Hagle

This will be my first time down in San Felipe and I was really excited to get down there in March while it wasn‘t blistering hot. What is early May going to look like? I don’t have my hopes too high. I’m 27 and in pretty good shape but I generally prefer it to be below 90 like the rest of humanity.

9rocky

Yea I did the same google search, but thats the weather on the beach. I’m curious to hear from guys with experience in the area during that time what the canyons will be like 40 miles West.
We have been there, as previously mentioned, when it was as high as 120+. That may not be normal, but it was memorable...

havahockey

Flipper

From what I was told it was the only date they could get, though who knows if we'll have races going on in May. I truly hope so.

michael.gonzalez

Doubtful of May/June.
We are now at a Global Level 4 Health Advisory.

"The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. "

Bro_Gill

I know the San Bernardino County School sups all just met today and decided that schools will be off until at least May 1. Newsome has already test ballooned no more school this school year and every goes back for next school year(Aug/Sept.). Seems really ridiculous to me. At some point, life must go on, and very close to what it was like prior to all this overblown hype.

Anger Issues

QUOTE]

Wow I am so sick of the mammy pambie responses on this site. Last time I checked this sport wasnt for wussies (quoting Mario). My god people, a few thousand in Cal have it (40 million total people). We ALL may get it. Its a result of over population and unsanitary conditions. You CANNOT criple and shut down the economy every time some someone gets the flu or sharts themselves.

Life will go on. We will lose some immuno-challenged. Our life expectancy has been going UP for decades. Maybe too long??

Geeze... no more suspension seats, mandatory hans devices for everyone, oh, and plastic buble inpection required for all (cash only). Grow a sack people. Race on and flame away, sissies. Happy the Sonora rally continued.
Ken.

Dave Cole 4454

The weather is warm but most likely decent in May. We had great weather for our race there in May last year. I am fairly certain we will be forced to cancel our race this year which is the week after SCOREs new date.

I will advise as soon as I know more.

BajaFand

Scrap the 250. Do a Coastal 500 early fall. Regroup and do the 1K. Let us pray.
Easy to say, but San Felipe NEEDS the race to happen. It is a huge boost for their economy right before their off-season. Not having the race there in 2007 really hurt them. Praying the race can still happen in May.

michael.gonzalez

Easy to say, but San Felipe NEEDS the race to happen. It is a huge boost for their economy right before their off-season. Not having the race there in 2007 really hurt them. Praying the race can still happen in May.
We could possibly put together a relief fund for the City of San Felipe if the race can't happen.

Total Loss

The new "normal".
Wait till the wind starts blowing and they shut yer power again...