SCORE - Second Trophy truck heat race postponed until tomorrow

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
They should bring back the Primm-300 and stop screwing around in silty Plaster City...

J Prich

Reaction
they were worried that on an new course with the infield zig zags all close to each other peeps would get lost and hit eachother.
This seems like a valid concern to me and if this site is used in the future, it will be interesting to see how they plan to mitigate that. Even on a well used course, the risk of missing a line and being on the wrong side of the course seems fairly high in extreme low vis conditions.

There was also a fairly modest TT turn out right? I imagine if more trucks had showed it would have been even worse.

Edgmon Motorsports

Reaction
They made a bad call to postpone the race. If they would have ran as scheduled Saturday afternoon their was a slight breeze and vision would have been better. Running it early Sunday am was way worse, here in the valley with high humidity the moisture was holding the dust down. When the sun gets up and temps rise the moisture gets burned off and lets the dust disperse.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

idealer

Reaction
A pro2 would have prob smoked the field on that course

FCCEC

Reaction
They made a bad call to postpone the race. If they would have ran as scheduled Saturday afternoon their was a slight breeze and vision would have been better. Running it early Sunday am was way worse, here in the valley with high humidity the moisture was holding the dust down. When the sun gets up and temps rise the moisture gets burned off and lets the dust disperse.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

The 2 worst times to try and race in the valley, Sunrise and sunset.

JPBart

Reaction
I was actually impressed with the efforts by Score to try and keep the dust down. The format and layout was pretty cool and spectator friendly. Free outside the rope and free parking with a free vendor area. The only pay area was a hill inside the short course area with seating, party tent, food and drinks.

Score can't control the weather. They put more effort into fighting dust than I thought was reasonable to expect. Above and beyond anything I have ever seen but in the end, the desert won.

Better short course than Laughlin. Better parking than Laughlin. Better pits than Laughlin. Better spectator access than Laughlin.

The dust was worse. The turnout was worse. The vendor area was pretty empty.

Typical BLM harassment on the access road.

Overall my opinion of Score 2.0 has changed for the better. A very real effort to make the race as good as possible for racers AND fans. Clearly a lot of money invested to put on the event and grow the sport. Not perfect but I really like the direction it seems to be going and the efforts by Roger and his team.

Dirtracer 619

Reaction
I was up on the hill $40 was for all three days not bad in my opinion. and you could see 80% of the track from there a great place for spotters and fans alike. I had a great time there in spite of the weather.
Thanks Roger and all the SCORE folks for another awesome weekend.
Landstrom Racing

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
Congrats to Cody Parkhouse, 1st. place in class 1 (1st. both day's) and, first overall. Beating (on time) the Trophy Trucks!

FAT ROB !

Reaction
Score_Class_1_Parkhouse.jpg
Congrats to Cody Parkhouse, 1st. place in class 1 (1st. both day's) and, first overall. Beating (on time) the Trophy Trucks!

SCORE CHAMPION !!! Way to Go Cody ! I Hope Parkhouse Racing has the same type of Results
in the 2014 Baja 1000...

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction

Cody is awesome but you're not comparing apples to apples... the dust of the TT race can't be compared to anything else out there.

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Cody is awesome but you're not comparing apples to apples... the dust of the TT race can't be compared to anything else out there.

Agreed, trucks kick up way more dust than any buggy. Then add 8-900hp plus a 8 miles course and you have a problem no matter how much water you put down.
Good news is next year its a 250 and you'll never have this many trucks in such a small area at one time.