• Forum membership has its advantages....

SCORE Stock Pro UTV

yachtman

Just one...and a NO.........OK than, I'm putting my TT on hold and will be building a new PRO STOCK UTV.Have less than 30 day to make it happen. Starting with a 2019 rzr turbo 4 S. using Yokohoma tires, RACELINE wheel, BD lighting ,COGNITO Motorsports,Ricochet Off ROAD,
going to get as many off the shelf parts as I can find and make this happen. This new class is just waiting for someone to take charge of it.. Planning on documenting the build so all can see how easy it is to get into SCORE
Baja racing. Will also be using two Rookie racers. with very little driving experience. any one have any free time and want to help??????

jon coleman

external efi, ford ranger fuel filters efi work good, 5/16 hose slips on( before filter, ), i used an external msd, never skiped a beat, since i ran two, never needed a backup racing( ignore filters, just to keep out dirt, one more thing, u can use any holly psi regulator, just make sure u swap out diaphram & spring to efi compatable, and mount it so if dia.fails it pukes out& away from hot sparks & other ignition stuff
15667738104471163186191.jpg

Last edited:

NIKAL

I really thought by now we would see a handful of cars in the class, with rumors of another 5-8 in the works.

Being the first cars in class is a super easy way to get the attention of the manufactures and other sponsors.

If I was looking to get back
Into racing again, this is where I’d be and getting that support. Like fishing in a barrel!

jon coleman

I really thought by now we would see a handful of cars in the class, with rumors of another 5-8 in the works.

Being the first cars in class is a super easy way to get the attention of the manufactures and other sponsors.

If I was looking to get back
Into racing again, this is where I’d be and getting that support. Like fishing in a barrel!
heck yeah! have( need , out dated), helmet will travel, ill drive that factory pro stock utv, my phone is ALWAYS on!!, call,,,,, please???

novaman64

Just one...and a NO.........OK than, I'm putting my TT on hold and will be building a new PRO STOCK UTV.Have less than 30 day to make it happen. Starting with a 2019 rzr turbo 4 S. using Yokohoma tires, RACELINE wheel, BD lighting ,COGNITO Motorsports,Ricochet Off ROAD,
going to get as many off the shelf parts as I can find and make this happen. This new class is just waiting for someone to take charge of it.. Planning on documenting the build so all can see how easy it is to get into SCORE
Baja racing. Will also be using two Rookie racers. with very little driving experience. any one have any free time and want to help??????
I do, I do!

Where are you located?

harleys dad

Rules seem easy, Seen the 500 results and that finish time looks as good as a 5/1600 far better and further than an 11 car would do. Seems like a no brainer budget entry with 4x4 for Baja.
How would it do at Barstow compared to 9 or 5/1600?
Dave my xp4 turbo is as close to a full race turbo class race car can be while still having the stock frame and not sitting as far back if it were a tube chassie, with 4 inch longer arms top of the line fox shocks raced tuned by Wayne at allteck(formerly from fox) re flashed ECU from evo powersports clutch dyno tuned by alba. I have got it to 103 on fast road that is nearly 30 miles per hour faster than our 1600s can go and we pre run all the races we do in it. It has no chance of staying with our 1600 cars at tracks like Barstow, or my 51600 when the track gets rough we have tuned and tuned on the shocks, Wayne is good, but rough it just wont do what the buggies will do. Baja has lots of silt and lots of roads to stretch its legs. If the rzr could put a real bypass along with the coil shock it would be a different thing but with one shock with out a bump zone doing all the work they are what they are in the rough and still fragile at that. The stock class thing will be interesting as those will be very fragile when pushed

jon coleman

some advice i got years ago will be very important in this class,' always stay moving& stay out of the pits!!, its All about the average mile per hour you maintain. it worked for me, didnt break too much& , ( im knocking on wood, might race again someday) never wadded it up, never been stuck, never wrecked another competitor, but main thing always had fun

ACME

Advice: Plastic bodied, inline fuel filters are a bad idea in off road racing (period imho), but especially with a higher pressure fuel system. I believe a stock RZR pump for example is set at @45PSI, I personally wouldn't trust them from a safety perspective on any FI system...

jon coleman

bad picture! i just keep spare stuff like that in a spares box, the filter i use is the all metal one that the ford range
15668619672791103047007.jpg
r uses , 96', there of a good hi volume 5/16 hose size , i have used them on hp side of pump safety wired w 2 efi style hose clamps, no problemo. also Never use a plastic filter on pressure side of ANYTHING!!!!, i Only use on vacuum , Before your fuel pumps!!! period!!!!!one last edit, No plastick filters in off roading!, they crack, melt, leak ect.street car ok, mines before mech fuel pump on street truck underneath & low under header..

Last edited:

NavarroJr

Any thoughts on the new wildcat 4xx that speed is realising? 28k-32k pricing for a 300hp 72" wide and 20 gal, seems it'll be a production car and that it will also be score and bitd legal. On paper this could be easily the king of this class, hoping to see some of them start rolling around in future races and see how they perform
Screenshot_20190912-151313_Instagram.jpg

harleys dad

Any thoughts on the new wildcat 4xx that speed is realising? 28k-32k pricing for a 300hp 72" wide and 20 gal, seems it'll be a production car and that it will also be score and bitd legal. On paper this could be easily the king of this class, hoping to see some of them start rolling around in future races and see how they performView attachment 204655
I dont know where you get your prices that car is over 40 thousand dollars

harleys dad

I also do not believe that is a production car, I think Robby makes those pretty sure

novaman64

I also do not believe that is a production car, I think Robby makes those pretty sure
Previously, they would take a base XX and modify it, which is where you are getting the $40k number (it was actually 44k).

This is a new product, they are manufacturing (has their own manufacturing plant), using their own engine, transmission and diffs.
Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 8.03.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 8.04.56 PM.png

NIKAL

Also a new Speed Unlimited 2 seat turbo is being released. Factory 72 inch wide, 105 in WB, 22 inch travel, 1000cc turbo and a factory TT 20 gal tank.

I’m really hoping the engine is the Weber/ Textron Motors MPE engine.

Nessy

Also a new Speed Unlimited 2 seat turbo is being released. Factory 72 inch wide, 105 in WB, 22 inch travel, 1000cc turbo and a factory TT 20 gal tank.

I’m really hoping the engine is the Weber/ Textron Motors MPE engine.
I could tell you but I would have to kill you.....kidding of course. Go to the SSSS and talk to Todd.

NIKAL

I could tell you but I would have to kill you.....kidding of course. Go to the SSSS and talk to Todd.
Already plan too. I Spoke with Todd back in Feb about the 4 seater, hoping he could get me some info if Textron was going to release the XX4. I mentioned that Textron needs to put their Weber in the XX when the Yamaha contract is up. He was very interested in why I thought that. Now I’m thinking he & Robby might have already been thinking about it. Maybe that’s why he was interested in my opinion. We talked for about 30-40 minutes.

novaman64

Already plan too. I Spoke with Todd back in Feb about the 4 seater, hoping he could get me some info if Textron was going to release the XX4. I mentioned that Textron needs to put their Weber in the XX when the Yamaha contract is up. He was very interested in why I thought that. Now I’m thinking he & Robby might have already been thinking about it. Maybe that’s why he was interested in my opinion. We talked for about 30-40 minutes.
Spill the beans as you get the info.