• Forum membership has its advantages....

SCORE Stock Pro UTV

Zambo

Why allow changes to manufacturers that chose one suspension design over another? If it's a stock class, shouldn't each manufacturer have to deal with their own shortcomings unless its a safety deal?
I get what you're saying but I don't think the point of the class is to be a referendum on which manufacturer makes the strongest link arms. If that were the case, then they wouldn't allow you to strengthen the arms by adding material. No, the point of the class is to make it an affordable entry class. Removing the ability of a high dollar team to buy expensive fabricated parts helps in that effort. IMO, not allowing a simple inexpensive link rod to be upgraded doesn't make the class more affordable, it makes it more expensive.

Bricoop

I get what you're saying but I don't think the point of the class is to be a referendum on which manufacturer makes the strongest link arms. If that were the case, then they wouldn't allow you to strengthen the arms by adding material. No, the point of the class is to make it an affordable entry class. Removing the ability of a high dollar team to buy expensive fabricated parts helps in that effort. IMO, not allowing a simple inexpensive link rod to be upgraded doesn't make the class more affordable, it makes it more expensive.
So where is the line drawn as to what can and can't be changed?

jon coleman

im for the buzz box racer, if i can go to ims & buy a few plates& tabs and make somthing handle the bounce test for cheap, im all in, adding unobtanium parts to a factory backed ride is low.but, if you beat a top factory backed team& your team low budget, its a good feeling .i like idea of getting an email question for fixxes quickly addressed.maybe form a panel of drivers to vote on them.a ' sxs drivers association.

JLongo

So now that the rules are set and everyone is somewhat happy.
What is the UTV of choice for this class ? And what do you think it will cost to get a new UTV ready to race?

novaman64

So now that the rules are set and everyone is somewhat happy.
What is the UTV of choice for this class ? And what do you think it will cost to get a new UTV ready to race?
I would think either a RZR S or X3 RS...

Personally, I think id go X3 RS, longer wheelbase, slightly lighter, better cockpit, lower COG and 1 gallon more fuel...

Cost to get race ready, depends on if you do your own fab work. Material costs probably $2k if you do it all yourself (making your own bumper, roof, cage, install harnesses window nets, etc. Pay someone or buy everything done, $10k on top of UTV cost.

Last edited:

43mod

Wheelbase is my only concern w the xx in Baja. Thats a big one. Tl trucks are narrow and very often we could make great time over wide rigs due to this. States loop races wider is much more important

novaman64

Wheelbase is my only concern w the xx in Baja. Thats a big one. Tl trucks are narrow and very often we could make great time over wide rigs due to this. States loop races wider is much more important
Ya, longer than a 2 seater Polaris, but thats about it. Wonder if Polaris people will go with a 4 seater just for the wheel base, and deal with the extra weight.

Bro_Gill

If one or two manufacturers get to modify their rear suspension because it is lacking, then they all should be allowed to. Otherwise, they should drive their cars to the capabilities the manufacturers built them to. Otherwise, this class becomes dead after 1-2 seasons.

DG_BTI

have you rode in a rzr turbo S? Seems like a no brainer to me. Plus being you cant modify I woulds stay clear of a stock X3. Too many steering issues as well as week front end. The turbo S is beefed up stock. I am thinking turbo s four seat and try to lighten it as much as you can.

tapeworm

RZR Turbo S 4-seat. Pull out the rear seats and put a fuel cell right there. I'd have it custom built to sit as low as possible. The build would probably cost in the 50-60 thousand range. I can't afford to do it, but someone out there can and will to say they won the class and championship. The manufacturer will wait a season or two to see who is consistently up front then start giving them money, support, and one off parts. The class will only become competitive like 1600 after crazy development has stopped and you can buy used cars for cheap. The reason 1600 has so many cars out there is the rules only undergo change about every 10 years, and even then its a small change that a car can be updated too. You can't update a RZR XP into a RZR S so the cost becomes too much as you have to replace a whole car, not just update parts. The only guys that will stick around in this class are people getting support from manufacturers or aftermarket companies so they can keep up with the crazy fast progression the manufacturers keep turning out with these things.

DG_BTI

RZR Turbo S 4-seat. Pull out the rear seats and put a fuel cell right there. I'd have it custom built to sit as low as possible. The build would probably cost in the 50-60 thousand range. I can't afford to do it, but someone out there can and will to say they won the class and championship. The manufacturer will wait a season or two to see who is consistently up front then start giving them money, support, and one off parts. The class will only become competitive like 1600 after crazy development has stopped and you can buy used cars for cheap. The reason 1600 has so many cars out there is the rules only undergo change about every 10 years, and even then its a small change that a car can be updated too. You can't update a RZR XP into a RZR S so the cost becomes too much as you have to replace a whole car, not just update parts. The only guys that will stick around in this class are people getting support from manufacturers or aftermarket companies so they can keep up with the crazy fast progression the manufacturers keep turning out with these things.

but only two gallon custom fuel cell correct?