Score tracking is a joke!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
After "watching" the Mint at home with their tracking the Score Tracking is horrible, it honestly couldn't be worse. I honestly can't adequately describe how bad Score's tracking is. Ten thumbs down for Scores ability to develope and keep fans.

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
Pab should tape his spot tracker to his roof, so the rest of us DA donkeys will know what is going on.
Hey Nimmy, every time I pass by that Porsche experience in Torrance, I think of you. ( it's every day )

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction
The drones on course are cool. The tracking is horrible. With Chrome, it auto zooms in on nothing over and over. With no scroller on the right to scroll through the classes. If you get too close to a car when searching them map (because you can't use the portion on the right), it zooms in again. Pretty frustrating.

Living off of the live feed. It would be cool if they would relay updates to them so they can report on it.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
This was all an April Fool's joke.

The real San Felipe 250 is tomorrow!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Honda48X

Reaction
Yes the tracking is bad but the live footage is great compared to years ago.

CFreeLV

Reaction
Yeah tracking wasn't the greatest. I think the new Bitd tracking is where it's at. However I watched the start and finish from their live feed so I can't complain one bit. In a perfect world it would be Bitd's tracking system, RDC's timing like they do at the mint every 25 miles and Score's live feed.

Sreidmx

Reaction
I agree! and those of us not able to track our drivers and doing a remote pit support from stateside made that impossible.. wtf over.

RacingTraX

Reaction
Yeah tracking wasn't the greatest. I think the new Bitd tracking is where it's at. However I watched the start and finish from their live feed so I can't complain one bit. In a perfect world it would be Bitd's tracking system, RDC's timing like they do at the mint every 25 miles and Score's live feed.
Yeah we've worked really hard to make sure the BITD tracking works, we're also working on our own push-to-pass safety system which will be a game changer. The leader board that RDC used at the MINT is ours and we'll be doing the same thing for V2R. We rent our units for teams racing in Mexico that want tracking that works.

CFreeLV

Reaction
Yeah we've worked really hard to make sure the BITD tracking works, we're also working on our own push-to-pass safety system which will be a game changer. The leader board that RDC used at the MINT is ours and we'll be doing the same thing for V2R. We rent our units for teams racing in Mexico that want tracking that works.
2 thumbs up to you and your crew. I do have one question. The only thing with every tracking system I have ever used is the update times are always different. It usually doesn't take much to figure out what the running order is after comparing the last time but is there a way to make it so they the trackers update simultaneously? Im not sure how the push to pass system is going to work in our sport. With starting intervals being 30 seconds and some tracks are follow the leader what will the settings be to notify the car in front. Just seems different than the 3 minute intervals Dakar uses. I applaud anything to make this sport safer just think the learning curve will be steep.

RacingTraX

Reaction
2 thumbs up to you and your crew. I do have one question. The only thing with every tracking system I have ever used is the update times are always different. It usually doesn't take much to figure out what the running order is after comparing the last time but is there a way to make it so they the trackers update simultaneously? Im not sure how the push to pass system is going to work in our sport. With starting intervals being 30 seconds and some tracks are follow the leader what will the settings be to notify the car in front. Just seems different than the 3 minute intervals Dakar uses. I applaud anything to make this sport safer just think the learning curve will
It's impossible to get everyone to update at the same time, there's smoke and mirror ways of doing it but it would make the tracking inaccurate. Each location has to process individually, no pushing 300 though a door at once.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
our RACINGTRAX setup worked perfect ALLDAY...even when our MSAT and other $$$$ gaggetry didnt....good job DAVID.....

y2kbaja

Reaction
It's impossible to get everyone to update at the same time, there's smoke and mirror ways of doing it but it would make the tracking inaccurate. Each location has to process individually, no pushing 300 though a door at once.
Can the updates be simultaneous by class?

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
4 miles is not much of a test

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
4 miles is not much of a test
had on 4 trucks.....and you can text back and forth between chase trucks with it even when in the most REMOTE parts of BAJA