• Forum membership has its advantages....

SCORE UTV rules against single seat UTV's

Does anyone know what the reason was for not allowing center steer UTV to race?
I am suspecting this rule was pre Polaris RS1 car was released. Seeing that the RS1 has grown in popularity why not allow them to run with the NA class UTV's. Maybe allow the cars to be stretched to the max wheel base same as the 2 seat cars, since Polaris seems to have made them way to short for desert racing.

Nessy

I am suspecting this rule was pre Polaris RS1 car was released. Seeing that the RS1 has grown in popularity why not allow them to run with the NA class UTV's. Maybe allow the cars to be stretched to the max wheel base same as the 2 seat cars, since Polaris seems to have made them way to short for desert racing.
You used to be able to race a single seater in SCORE, are you sure you cant? The utv in my avatar won the 500 and 1000 in 09. It isn't center steer though.

dbq61537

Could it be a safety thing...

Such as visibility, on course? The single seater, has a pretty small look and feel. On the TV broadcasts, of the Short Course events...the single kind of, gets lost in the pack...

On a Short Course Track, you don’t have to worry about Trophy Trucks, or even, buggies to worry about, seeing you in the dust of the desert, or at night.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert mobile app