• Forum membership has its advantages....

Score vs record

Big Whitey

I was just looking at the new calendar and noticed that both Score and Record have a race starting in Ensenada on the same weekend in June. Record is Ensenada to San Felipe and Score has the 500, that makes for a interesting scenario, who starts where and which way will they go? does one reschedule again? Does Score do a coastal run as hoped by many? Or maybe even a point to point 500 down the coast.

notime

NTR Films media guy
If I’m correct I read somewhere then before the date was moved was and telephone calls and record series agreed to also moved their date.

Not sure but maybe when all this passes new dates will be posted for all race series

Zac Reish

Greg bring your new car to the more race in May so when you break you can be drinking in camp with broke back mountain Steve, Erik, Ben, darsinion, and me 15 minutes later.

Chris_Wilson

Mex gov't said no gatherings until June so SCORE is probably just waiting to see what happens.
I would not count on any race happening out of Ensenada in May. I don't think anyone really knows yet.

bajafox

Accepted
I know this is probably completely impossible because their entry fee's are so far apart but it would be cool if they co-promoted a race. RECORD has a lot of small classes that are practically dead in SCORE, they may show up to scratch their itch.

Big Whitey

Mex gov't said no gatherings until June so SCORE is probably just waiting to see what happens.
I would not count on any race happening out of Ensenada in May. I don't think anyone really knows yet.
I am pretty much counting out the SF may race at this point I agree with you 100%

Big Whitey

I know this is probably completely impossible because their entry fee's are so far apart but it would be cool if they co-promoted a race. RECORD has a lot of small classes that are practically dead in SCORE, they may show up to scratch their itch.
Cool idea just have score lower entry fee for those classes, no score points etc.

Dave Cole 4454

I reached out to Roger directly prior to SCORE postponing the 250 but right after all the lockdowns started and asked him if he wanted to move the 250 on top of my date in SF in May, and have one big event. He told me there was no chance they were moving their date. A week later they moved the 250 to a week before our race without even a text message.

My understanding is they did not engage with Record before moving on to their date either.

I get it...they are SCORE and can do whatever they want. Just seems like there is a better way to handle things.

We were told directly that we were not going to be able to have our 5/16 event in SF by the Tourism Department as directed by the Mayor of Mexicali. I respect that that and agree.

Will things change in the next few weeks? Absolutely...quite possibly for the better and maybe the new 250 date of 5/9 will happen. It is also possible that SCORE has more pull with the government and can hold an event that I was not able, or willing, to.

While internet hypothesizing is a worthwhile pastime...dont hold your breath for that kumbaya moment.

michael.gonzalez

A coalition of the organizers may be beneficial to the off-road industry as a whole for scheduling/rule-agreeance moving forward.
There could be logistical/economic advantages of such a coalition, perhaps that will get more on board.
It could potentially help with interacting with (BLM, State agencies, City of San Felipe, City of Mexicali, Tourism Departments, etc.) as more of a unified body with a common interest.
You seem to have a special skill of bringing people together so there is hope for at least improved cooperation in the future.

Ultra 4 (You)
SCORE (Roger)
CODE
NORRA
RECORD
VORRA
BITD
MORE (Cody)
SNORE (CJ)

Last edited:

OFFRD-JNKIE

Too many ego's never going to happen.... and I'm not referring to Dave.

Big Whitey

Dave, I have never met you but it is great to have people like you on here that can share the perspective of the promoter You seem to use logic and common sense and personally I respect and like your posts. Maybe someday I will be lucky enough to say hello

Dave Cole 4454

Dave, I have never met you but it is great to have people like you on here that can share the perspective of the promoter You seem to use logic and common sense and personally I respect and like your posts. Maybe someday I will be lucky enough to say hello
Appreciate the kind words but unfortunately emotion and stubbornness are my goto traits all too often....just ask our racers :)

Regarding cooperation between promoters. I think there is underlying cooperation. SNORE and MORE work great together and we did an event with them with some levels of success. We work very closely with CODE and NORRA but in the end that above common trait of stubbornness and a need/desire to protect your self interests win out.

We are all producing a product and trying to market it. It would be awesome if my LS motor parts fit in my Raptor engine. Lets get Ford and Chevy to cooperate on their engine design. Yes im being sarcastic, kinda.

Not crapping on the idea, I am a huge fan of the saying that 'a high tide raises all ships'...its just implementing with buy in from all and leadership at the top.

calstyl2

Things that wont happen for a 1000$ Alex.......................and not Daves fault but BITD and SCORE would never work to make things smoother or equal

harleys dad

I reached out to Roger directly prior to SCORE postponing the 250 but right after all the lockdowns started and asked him if he wanted to move the 250 on top of my date in SF in May, and have one big event. He told me there was no chance they were moving their date. A week later they moved the 250 to a week before our race without even a text message.

My understanding is they did not engage with Record before moving on to their date either.

I get it...they are SCORE and can do whatever they want. Just seems like there is a better way to handle things.

We were told directly that we were not going to be able to have our 5/16 event in SF by the Tourism Department as directed by the Mayor of Mexicali. I respect that that and agree.

Will things change in the next few weeks? Absolutely...quite possibly for the better and maybe the new 250 date of 5/9 will happen. It is also possible that SCORE has more pull with the government and can hold an event that I was not able, or willing, to.

While internet hypothesizing is a worthwhile pastime...dont hold your breath for that kumbaya moment.
score has nothing on you

DHBENT

I was just looking at the new calendar and noticed that both Score and Record have a race starting in Ensenada on the same weekend in June. Record is Ensenada to San Felipe and Score has the 500, that makes for a interesting scenario, who starts where and which way will they go? does one reschedule again? Does Score do a coastal run as hoped by many? Or maybe even a point to point 500 down the coast.
RECORD race is Ensanada to S F . I am sure Ramon is happy to be moving it up a week or two . Better weather .

MTPyle

depending on what is to come it might make sense for organizations to work together. Especially with all the dates compressing.

I for one have no problem sharing events with other classes at different entry fees. In other words If I was at a SCORE event and there were Ultra4 guys there and they paid a different fee I would not care. At some point if we dont work together it might take a long long time too recover.

Dave, I think you had the right idea with combining the SCORE event with yours makes total sense. Kind of makes you wonder what motivates SCORE and why they would not be open to this. They might not understand whats about to happen to them. Things are not going to be the same as they were. Its not like all the people that signed up for the SF250 are gong to still race after all of this going on.

I would guess at least a 30% decline in entries, maybe more.

Mike

Big Whitey

Mike. Are you thinking 30% all year across all organizations for The year or for the the immediate races until say September ish? 30% for the year would almost mandate that at least the smaller promoters be wise and pair up as More and Snore do.