SCORE working on ttspec RULES....IDEAS???

skinny

Reaction
Everyone should put there personal interest aside (which wont happen)...but anyways the class needs the same engine for both series. Thats what makes the most since long term. BITD has said they are sticking with the "430 hp" engine, Score should follow suit. The added 25-40 hp does not offset the headache of swapping motors back and forth.
The only people who will disagree only race Score or dont want to swap there current 525 engine out. Neither is a good reason to hold up the rule change, to one engine for both series.
This is my opinion, I raced TT spec at the 1000.

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
Also what if a podium finish required a dyno test done after the race? Most of the bitd races are close to vegas there's gotta be someone in Vega's with a dyno.

Think about all the controversy over the amber light on a switch; now there will be controversy over engine mapping on a switch. One motor is the best solution.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Everyone should put there personal interest aside (which wont happen)...but anyways the class needs the same engine for both series. Thats what makes the most since long term. BITD has said they are sticking with the "430 hp" engine, Score should follow suit. The added 25-40 hp does not offset the headache of swapping motors back and forth.
The only people who will disagree only race Score or dont want to swap there current 525 engine out. Neither is a good reason to hold up the rule change, to one engine for both series.
This is my opinion, I raced TT spec at the 1000.
copy and paste and send to dan.....im fine with EITHER....dan also talked about the same tire rule, which i dont like but both the less hp engine and the small tires FAVOR the trucks i build......but i would still rather have the more hp and the bigger tires....

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Think about all the controversy over the amber light on a switch; now there will be controversy over engine mapping on a switch. One motor is the best solution.
of course it is....but the majority of the score guys will probably disagree with buying a new engine......see the problem?....

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
colby at turnkey said he would do the cam swaps and retag for $1299 if you bring in CLEAN tagged 525hp

Reaction
Just grandfather the 525 engine for all of next year and make the rule change to the BITD rules at the end of the year . This is fair for the current crop of 525 engines and would ultimately benefit everyone in the long run. We run bitd most of the time but the extra 25 - 40 hp wont keep us from going south this year. Love to see a 50 car field for the mint next year with all the score guys coming up to compete. Lets get it together and race!!!

BMW21

Reaction
Maybe a dumb question, but why not restrictor plates? This would allow for more innovation and engine manufacturers.

iribe51600

Reaction
of course it is....but the majority of the score guys will probably disagree with buying a new engine......see the problem?....
let them run for the year ,must swap at the end of the year... it does not make the diference on wining the race Anyways.. this is my opinion..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
let them run for the year ,must swap at the end of the year... it does not make the diference on wining the race Anyways.. this is my opinion..

then why have monkeyed engine if it doesnt matter??? no monkeyed engines for 2018.....either factory built 430 or factory built 525 for 2018 and beyond in score......

iribe51600

Reaction
then why have monkeyed engine if it doesnt matter??? no monkeyed engines for 2018.....either factory built 430 or factory built 525 for 2018 and beyond in score......
BECAUSE it makes them feel good !!
lol.. factory 430 it is.!!

51rcr

Reaction
so what iam seeing the problem is BiTD doesn't want the 525 motor but have other manufactures available in the lower 430 hp motor?? so is this there reason? None of the other packages can touch the 430 and surely cant touch the 525? sponser$$ also? Score have any other motor manufactures engines listed? Not sure how all the other sealed race engine programs around the country can have various builders and taggers and keep there stuff regulated. But they do.
oh Keep small tires.

Chris Tobin

Reaction

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Class 9, originally called the Challenger Class, had a claimer rule that was exercised a couple times. And it created a lot of pissed of people. Wonder what would happen today if someone claimed a 9 car motor for 500 bucks?

cubed

Reaction
Class 9, originally called the Challenger Class, had a claimer rule that was exercised a couple times. And it created a lot of pissed of people. Wonder what would happen today if someone claimed a 9 car motor for 500 bucks?
A 9 motor was claimed at a Snore race not to long ago, they also have an engine claim rule in limited sportsman class 1300 in Snore

redline

Reaction
I think it needs to be limited to one engine base and computer style period. Ls3 has proven to be extremely reliable so just stick with it. Maybe leave the rule as to 430 or 525 open. We have ran both and with a good dyno tune there isn't really enough of a difference to justify having two engines for your truck. If you race both series or just want to save a lil change stick with the 430. If you only race score and have a couple bucks extra get the 525. Other than that it must be new from manufacturer with the factory computer controlling/adjusting/switching EVERYTHING engine related.

Other than that rules should just reflect the same as BITD with the exception of tire size should stay up to 39".