Scorelite Official results are up

ScoreWhore

Reaction
I have a question about the review. Are they only reviewing based on IRC? What if you also had IonEarth tracking you? Can you use that to back you up?

ScoreWhore

Reaction
SCORE LITES:
OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL DRIVER VEH TIME PENALTIES IN MINUTES (XX)
1st 2nd BRENT PARKHOUSE 1205 11:23:55 NO PENALTIES - NO PENALTIES - NO PENALTIES
2nd 1st LEE BANNING 1202 13:16:05 INSUFFICIENT DATA (60) + NO HWY DATA (90) = TOTAL (150)
3rd 3rd JOHN LANGLEY 1201 14:08:30 HWY SPEED (6) = TOTAL (6)
DNF DNF RICK ST. JOHN 1200 DNF DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF
DN F DNF AARON PAYNE 1206 DNF DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF
DNF DNF MICH. BRUCKMANN 1207 DNF DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF
NOTE: NO COURSE DEVIATION PENALTIES.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
SCORE LITES:
OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL DRIVER VEH TIME PENALTIES IN MINUTES (XX)
1st 2nd BRENT PARKHOUSE 1205 11:23:55 NO PENALTIES - NO PENALTIES - NO PENALTIES
2nd 1st LEE BANNING 1202 13:16:05 INSUFFICIENT DATA (60) + NO HWY DATA (90) = TOTAL (150)
3rd 3rd JOHN LANGLEY 1201 14:08:30 HWY SPEED (6) = TOTAL (6)
DNF DNF RICK ST. JOHN 1200 DNF DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF
DN F DNF AARON PAYNE 1206 DNF DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF
DNF DNF MICH. BRUCKMANN 1207 DNF DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF
NOTE: NO COURSE DEVIATION PENALTIES.

wow!!... looks like "the cheater" didnt cheat!! :D

.... and insufficient data?? and no hwy data??.... sounds like something was wrong with his irc...

Tipracer

Reaction
Check it out guy's Nunez wins...That guy is a machine...I like how angulo was "MISSING DATA"...oh boy I wonder what they got up to...

Tipracer

Reaction
HUGE win for parkhouse...Strange ,banning had same penalty as angulo...what are they doing unpluging the machine or????
DIdnt notice it before but thats crazzy bruckmann AND St. John both DNF...whats next

ScoreWhore

Reaction
.... and insufficient data?? and no hwy data??.... sounds like something was wrong with his irc...[/QUOTE said:
Ya, so what if your IRC just isn't working? How can they penalize you for that? Bannings irc stopped working at rm 145, but I tracked him to the finish on ionearth the whole way.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Yeah Baby!!!! I was trying to tell PAB but I dont think he really belived me that we had no penalities!

congrats brian... playing by the rules does pay off in the long run... that moulton chassis likes bein up front

jim_moulton

Reaction
Yeah Baby!!!! I was trying to tell PAB but I dont think he really believed me that we had no penalities!

Very cool! Not only did your team leave baja with the points lead, but also the win. Congrats to Parkhouse Racing. Great year your having. 3rd laughlin, 2nd san felipe, 1st baja 500. :D:D

Reaction
Yeah Baby!!!! I was trying to tell PAB but I dont think he really believed me that we had no penalities!

Congratulations on the win and running a penalty free race, but you have to admit Banning got screwed big time. First off there is no indication that Banning "cheated" or even broke a single rule. All of his penalty minutes were for failure of his IRC to report data. Did he unplug it? I doubt it! It must have worked for part of the race because the maximum penalty for no or insufficient data on the Highway was 110 minutes and he was only penalized 90 minutes. The first two Highway Speed Zones held maximum penalties of 10 minutes and 11 minutes, which suggests that it worked for the first section and almost all of the second. There really is no mathematical way to get a 90 penalty for insufficient Highway data - but that is another story.

The 60 minute penalty for Insufficient Data is really out of left field. There was no mention in verbal or written statement from SCORE that there would be a penalty for Insufficient Data and this standard was not applied to anyone in of the earlier classes' modified results.

Here is the real question: How can a competitor be held responsible for the failure of the IRC device? They have no control over its function or reliability.

Is this really how we want to see the winner of the Baja 500 determined?

Cheater

Reaction
Congratulations on the win and running a penalty free race, but you have to admit Banning got screwed big time. First off there is no indication that Banning "cheated" or even broke a single rule. All of his penalty minutes were for failure of his IRC to report data. Did he unplug it? I doubt it! It must have worked for part of the race because the maximum penalty for no or insufficient data on the Highway was 110 minutes and he was only penalized 90 minutes. The first two Highway Speed Zones held maximum penalties of 10 minutes and 11 minutes, which suggests that it worked for the first section and almost all of the second. There really is no mathematical way to get a 90 penalty for insufficient Highway data - but that is another story.

The 60 minute penalty for Insufficient Data is really out of left field. There was no mention in verbal or written statement from SCORE that there would be a penalty for Insufficient Data and this standard was not applied to anyone in of the earlier classes' modified results.

Here is the real question: How can a competitor be held responsible for the failure of the IRC device? They have no control over its function or reliability.

I am not in control of Bannings race car or his IRC box so I have no idea what happened.
But I will say that if SCORE took a win from somebodyt I am sure they have enough information to make a call like that. Or I atleast hope so!

Reaction
I am not in control of Bannings race car or his IRC box so I have no idea what happened.
But I will say that if SCORE took a win from somebodyt I am sure they have enough information to make a call like that. Or I atleast hope so!
No, in Bannings case it is because they do not have any information.

ScoreWhore

Reaction

Thank you! I totally agree. If I were Banning I would be asking to have them review my tracking with ionearth. He was one of the few that also had both tracking devices. If you paid to have both I doubt you were there to cheat and turn off your irc. Doesn't make sense.
The insufficient data penalty is BS for anyone who got that.

clogking

Reaction
Great job Cheater and Parkhouse. Electrical things tend to break and not come back. I am not saying that it could not happen but highly unlikely. Why do so many people have a thing against IRC? I think they do us all a favor. I am sure they are doing the best they can.

Reaction
Why do so many people have a thing against IRC? I think they do us all a favor. I am sure they are doing the best they can.

If the "best they can" takes your victory away, anyone would be pissed! Are you kidding?

Entry 604 was in staging, after having their IRC was installed the night before by the IRC people. While in staging an IRC employee came to the truck and told them their tracker was not working. The IRC individual climbed into the truck to make repairs, left to get new components and came back to do more work. At one point, in staging, he screwed something up and sparks flew and smoke filled the truck. He replaced things again and the truck started the race a few minutes later. 604s IRC never worked during the race, never! The team did not know this; they do not have Internet access in the middle of Baja. No one contacted them to tell them. 604 won the race and the IRC folks emailed SCORE that this had happened and that it was not the teams fault. SCORE still gave 604 a 60 minute penalty for Insufficient Data and a 110 minute penalty for Insufficient Highway Data for a total of 170 minutes.

604 kept he win, even after the penalty was figured in, but what a joke!

If I was part of the Banning team I would be really pissed! They got screwed.

If I was part of the Parkhouse team, I would be proud of my clean race and finish, but put a * next to the win in my mind.

Cheater

Reaction
No, in Bannings case it is because they do not have any information.

Like I said I am not in control of Bannings car nor do I know what SCORE has as far as info to make a HUGE call like that. I feel for Bannings and if I was them I would be pulling my ION Earth info and forwarding it to SCORE right away.
I in no way want to win like that nor would I want to have a win taken from me like that.
I am just laughing that in a race where 75% of the cars have penalities for cheating the Parkhouse car with Cheater driving had no penalities

Reaction
Like I said I am not in control of Bannings car nor do I know what SCORE has as far as info to make a HUGE call like that. I feel for Bannings and if I was them I would be pulling my ION Earth info and forwarding it to SCORE right away.
I in no way want to win like that nor would I want to have a win taken from me like that.
I am just laughing that in a race where 75% of the cars have penalities for cheating the Parkhouse car with Cheater driving had no penalities

That is why I said you should be proud of your finish and clean race! You guys have a great team and car; I am not taking anything away from your effort!

This whole race is a major Black mark for Off-road Racing, SCORE and those who purposefully cheated, but not those that got caught up in a failed system.