Scorpion Stings

RDC Crypto
In my case, the hype overshadowed the reality: last Friday night, as I attempted to pick up what I thought was a feather (my wife got a new cat), I felt a sharp prick.

I'd been stung on the tip of my right index finger. I put some ice on it off and on for 45 minutes.

Wasn't nearly as bad as a puncture wound from a Bougainvillaea thorn.

But I don't think it was a bark scorpion. The cat and I heard NOTHING.

philofab

Powered by Optima
RDC Crypto
One of my old houses was on top of a scorpions nest. I got stung all the time, bark scorpions and regular ones. A bark scorpion gave me a cramp in the stung area the rest did almost nothing.

My understanding is your only at risk if you are unhealthy or have hart problems.

randy s

RDC Crypto
i've been nailed twice down at my diggins in baja and one time i got a little bit of a stomach ache and the second time it was hardly nothing. down there i've been nailed by quite a few little bugs and there's absolutely nothing that compares to being stung/bitten by one or more of the big red fire ants from hell. get zapped by these things and it's absolutely excruciating and there's nothing you can do to help yourself and i've seen full grown macho men with tears in there eyes and my neighbor actually was stung inside of his mouth when one crawled into his bag of sunflower seeds . his face swelled up and later on he said that he considered putting a bullet in his head it hurt so bad...2.5 hydrocortizone [sp] cream is the only semi relief you can get and that even takes over an hour to kick in a little. big red fire ants are the most evil mutherphuckers on the planet that i've seen in bug form by far that don't just kill you straight up like some spiders do.

randy s

RDC Crypto
and to compound things, these ants both bite AND sting. they grab you with these incisors to get a good grip and then they let go with the stinger. and to top it off, they're aggressive pricks when they get pissed off. last year, i was laying down on a tarp underneath my truck lubing it and rolled onto my back and i just got bit and not stung yet and when i felt it i thought i had rolled over on a cigarette and when i saw what it was, the ant actually came at me when i started to kill the phucker and i'm not joking. steve finnegan, my co-driver was there and we both were amazed that this critter was as aggressive as he was before he died a violent death himself. the bite i got still caused a huge welt on my back and i thank the creator that he didn't sting me too.

5racer

RDC Crypto
i got tagged by a widow one day ,don't want to do that again i kept and eye out for red streaks shooting up the arm .the out come was a huge puss pocket like a golf ball and pain like someone had my arm in a vice .looked like volcano eruption when it popped ,very nasty critter they are.

450grl

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wellerracing.com
I got stung by a scorpion once when accidentally sat on it (stung me in the back of the thigh - NOT by butt - lol) - worst pain EVER. EVER!! Felt like someone stabbed me in the leg with a white-hot phillips screwdriver and was just wriggling it around over and over. My leg swelled up so bad I couldn't wear jeans for a week, and I got VERY sick for a few days. Not good. **
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!** those things!!!

TyBo1001

RDC Crypto
My son got stung by a bark scorpion on the foot. Made his leg feel like it was asleep for about 24 hrs, then it when away. He loves scorpions now...