SCOTT REHN to ANNOUNCE AT NORRS

norrs

Reaction
April 23, 2009 (San Diego, CA) The National Off Road Racing Series is excited to announed that Scott Rehn we be a part of the announcing team.

"Scott will provide an experienced, energetic view to the drivers as well as the teams/sponsors behind them. We selecting announcers as we will have 2 booth announcers, we wanted to make sure that they were people that knew the sport, knew the history of the drivers while still being energetic and exciting to keep the fans either on the edge of their seats or on their feet cheering." sand Aaron Mortensen, Corporate Relations Director.

Scott brings a passion for short course racing. He brings with him over 15 years of experience announcing racing events, both short course and other off road events.
Scott will be teamed up with another announcer as well as special guests to provide great commentary for the series.

"I'm pretty excited to be getting back into the short course race season again. I'm no different than any of the racers when they say its been too long of an off season. I am a HUGE fan of the sport first and foremost. I have always thoroughly enjoyed bringing my excitement, energy and enthusiasm to the race fans and at the end of the day, hopefully, between the announcing and the unbelievable racing they just witnessed, that there is a few more rabid fans hungry for more short course racing. The track locations that NORRS has on its schedule, the signed TV contract, and the way that the NORRS staff has put this whole package together, I think has kind of surprised everyone. If a short course series can fly under the radar, it seems NORRS has done just that. But I anticipate NORRS wont be under the radar for very long."

Our racing series kicks off May 23-24, 2009 with exciting short course racing in Southern California.

for more information goto: www.norrs.com

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
With out a doubt, Scott is one of, if not the most knowledgeable announcer when it comes to the history of short course racing and knowing something about every team, driver and truck. Very good choice Norrs.
I was very surprised Loors or Torc did not scoop him up from the rubble as I believe he would have been a great addition to either series.
Good Luck Scott.
Rob

cbrdoll

Resident Cougar
Reaction
Congrats Scott!!!....glad to hear some good news!! :D

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
will scott know any of the drivers at the norrs race???

norrs

Reaction
yes Scott will know the drivers. Scott with have a co-announcer as well. We will also be having special guests joining them throughout the year.

Nukldragger

Reaction
will scott know any of the drivers at the norrs race???

Pete, you're supposed to know all of this stuff already.

Kinda worries me tha Wesley/Aryn aren't keeping their Tree Bar representative up to speed on all the latest developments.:D

CMI CHUCK

Reaction
This changes everything, If Scott is there, and they are running Inside the Horse track in that perfect loamy dirt, And it pays $2,000 Bucks to win, we may have to go out there and see if we can get some!

RacinBob

Reaction
I thought I saw a thread that said NORRS had signed the TORR host to be their announcer. What happened to that?

Reaction
Hey, having worked with Scott for i believe 4 years now, i think he'll do a lot for the series, regardless of different racers, or different management. He kept it together with CORR moving around. All i regret is that is that it doesn't look like we'll be tag teaming the races again anytime soon. Congrats man

RacinBob

Reaction
they are co announceing it.
Doesn't sound like it here is quote from NORRS. If it was true his name should have been mentioned in the quote.

yes Scott will know the drivers. Scott with have a co-announcer as well. We will also be having special guests joining them throughout the year.

Plus there was a thread about the TORR host hired as the announcer for the series but that thread was deleted.