SD Prerunners needs to come back!

BeevDawg

Reaction
Chance or someone needs to bring SDprerunners.com back, it basically died when the website died, which is no good, they gotta come back, it was just soo cool, lol, and i would have joined cuz i live in San Diego, and i wouldnt wanna go way north for every UP meeting.

i got a bug, its tight

In_the_works

Reaction
Amen to that, not that I wouldn't be willing to go the UP meetings (when I become a member) but it was nice having a club that met in esco. and talked about stuff related to North County primarily.

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
See austin thats what i meant there are plenty of people that want the SDPreunners thing back up and going .

Gregg

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I've noticed a lot of people asking others to start up SDPrerunners. I know one of the reasons Chance isn't doing it anymore is because of the cost involved.

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
What were some of the costs and why were they so much?

See ya in the dirt!

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I think the main cost were for the website and all the bandwith it was using

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

BeevDawg

Reaction
now that isnt really a problem, all they gotta do is make the website on a free domain(i.e. geocities, angelfire,tripod) and just buy a redirect web address, they are real cheap. I wanna see sd prerunners come back dammit, rar!!!!

i got a bug, its tight

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Traffic is a problem especially on free server space. I know I am limited to 12 gigs/month and I pay about 100 per year and get 250 email accounts and 250 forwarding accounts. FOr every gig I go over it is like an extra 3 bucks per gig over 12 gigs/month. Still not a big problem. If the website is holding a club back....they are better off not having a club becasue that should be the least of their concerns.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

In_the_works

Reaction
I agree, clubs should be about people, not just having a cool site.

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250

SDranger

Reaction
They kept changing the meeting time and place, and the website was the only way for people to find out. I never got to make it out to a meeting, but id like to see SDprerunners come back or maybe a san diego chapter of UP? I mean this is supposed to be "the offroad capital of the world" or something and we cant even have a prerunner club? What we really need is someone like Jen and Greg that is willing to put forth the time and effort necessary to make it work.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

BeevDawg

Reaction
word...i hear that, if i wasnt such a goon, and soo damn irresponsible and broke, etc.... whatever im lacking, i would do it.

i got a bug, its tight

ntsqd

Reaction
Not sure of what it costs, if any since you get some ads, but yahoo is the space one of the lists I'm on uses. Check here for more info: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://groups.yahoo.com/>http://groups.yahoo.com/</A> Works out real well for that particular list since it's run more like a club than anything else.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

SDranger

Reaction
I checked that out, and its free to start a group if you sign up for yahoo, and it takes like 5 mins.

If anyone wants to step up to the plate and get this thing started, i'd totally be willing to help out. With school and work, I wouldn't have time to do it myself.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SDranger on 11/09/02 02:19 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

jeff

Reaction
Finding a person (or a group of people) to do what Greg and Jen do is easy... but all of those people expect to get paid big bucks to do it. Greg and Jen are really the only ones that have consistently kept the prerunner crowd entertained and together and they've been doing it without pay! It's more than a hobby but it can't really be called a job until you get paid... and both of them work and STILL manage to put on some bitchin' events. You'll be hard pressed to find someone to "step up to the plate" and run a club at or near the level or UP. Think less about the $$$ required and start thinking about the time it'll take.

If you want SDPrerunners.com to come back pay the $8.95 a month (or less) for a cheap hosting account and do it yourself! $8.95 gets you 350 megs of storage and 12-gigs o' transfer a month. I heard the domain is available so there isn't really anything preventing it from coming back... just spend a few bucks and step up and do it. If it's not worth doing it must not be important.

If laziness is the limiting factor and all you really want is a way to share meeting info, I would suggest that if someone wants to get a recurring group meeting going they contact Jen and see about possibly having her create a "regional" information page on Prerunners.com - the more centralized the information the easier it is for people to find... and include SD as one of the regions. That will keep ya'll up to date on meetings and events.

Aloha