Sean @ POS

LiveOff-Road

Reaction
My name is Sean Stapley. I run the company Performance Off-Road Systems ( POS for short ;-) and have for about 7 years now I guess. My primary line of work is building hydraulic steering systems for rock crawl/race vehicles. But I have designed and built steering and other vehicle systems for many other applications (some of them very specialized small production run vehicles).

I love looking at the site because of my appreciation for master metal fabrication. Also as a tech junkie I like reading the real world perspective of builders/racers on things such as high speed off-road suspension design to compare with vehicle dynamics books. I also like that CAD design of chassis components/assemblies is more widely used here than on other forums I frequent, since I am always learning how to best use Pro-E for chassis design myself.

I have always thought desert racing was awesome, but since I am almost completely on the wrong side of the country for it, it isn't practical for me to be involved with it too deeply. But I have begun to get involved through the King Of the Hammers race(Cars/Drivers with our steering won the first years race, finished #2 in the second year race, and #7 at this years race). I would like to get further involved and see what we might be able to offer to other classes of desert race vehicles.

Regards,
Sean

Ranch Hand

Reaction
You might want to consider changing Performance Off-Road Systems to PORS instead of POS. I believe that Robby Gordon has POS trademarked for Michael Waltrip and others..........