Season Opener

J_Dog

Reaction
Rich,
Any idea if we are going to race the extended portion of the track or any new sections for the Season Opener? It seems everyone liked the extended version.

Jeff Matlock
<font color=red>Law Dogz Off-Road Racing</font color=red>
Class 7s Ford Ranger - VORRA

patty

Reaction
After he gets his feet wet this weekend maybe rich will concider the extened version in April.

Big_Rich

Reaction
Patty is read'n my mind...... :)

We will be running counter clockwise this weekend.
In April we will run clockwise and run the extended course from last year.
Sept we will run a new version of the track that will be longer than the extended, then Oct run the new one backwards.
$ different courses at one place....hope everyone will enjoy the new area.

Rich

We drained most of the big ponds today. So they should not come into play, no scuba gear needed. :)

Rich

www.vorra.com

patty

Reaction
Lord knows I don't like that pond.... BAD News! - hey! while your here are we having qualifying on Saturday or just practice. Will we be drawing #'s for starting positions?

patty

Reaction
Hey Rich --
Is Jeep Speed attending this race... I've been milling around some cheapppp! advertizing ideas and was just wondering if they were making an appearance this spring-- march or april??

Big_Rich

Reaction
As a group, no JeepSpeed is not part of vorra this year. but the offer has been made for them to come and play.

The ponds should be of little factor this weekend,

No time trials or qualifing, we will draw for starting spots, then reverse tha order for the second moto. Going back in history for this one event at least.

Rich

www.vorra.com

patty

Reaction
Are we still using the land rush start?! It's the most exciting part of the race!!!

Big_Rich

Reaction
We are considering it, but it depends on a couple of things.
rich

www.vorra.com

billymanfroy

Reaction
Patty,

You mean THIS LAKE? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It is unfortunate that Lake Patricia was drained. I kinda liked it!!! How's the water, Patty???

J_Dog

Reaction
quote from the movie "Risky Business" comes to mind,
"Who's the U-Boat Commander?" Just kidding Patty. See you all tomorrow.

Jeff Matlock

patty

Reaction
thanks d**** head -- watch that pretty paint job -- you mite be too afraid to stick your nose out there-- looks like it needs some new stripes! lay some odds what colors will go well.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Rich, Not sure if you will read this before tomorrow. I hope to be there with my video camera, would it be a problem to get out on the course if I have my orange shirt on? I would like to get some last minute footage for our next video, Dezert People - Second Lap. I might even be able to bring and on-board camera to mount on someones truck...

patty

Reaction
Hey Curtis...did ya make it with the cam?

You could stuff an in truck in ours any time you want...Patty

patty

Reaction
Damn, you missed the best 7 race ever run at VORRA.......Door to door, fenders flying, and even a little rollover.....Patty

billymanfroy

Reaction
Well then. Perhaps I can help with a little IN-CAR FOOTAGE! WOO HOO! Curtis, I got your address and will be sending the original tape to you ASAP. (It's still uploading, so give it until about 9:30.)

I must apologize to Fred Calasso. He was VERY upset with me for nerfing him about a million times during the 2nd moto. "If you're faster, just pass me." Naturally, we thought it was a blast and very clean racing, but he didn't see it that way. As you'll see from this clip he was holding me up quite a bit, and I could have cleaned his clock every time he parked it in the corners and zig-zagged across the track. I was expecting a high-five and a beer, but I got a s**t sandwich instead. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try harder next time. Or perhaps Fred could speed up and solve the problem himself...

Patty, you're going to love this...

Good job to Rich Klein. The track was like a freeway! Maybe if there was more bumps?!?

See you all next time, and Fred, I owe you a beer. (You can build your own bumper)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.hepcoblue.com/Videos/BillyInCar.wmv>http://www.hepcoblue.com/Videos/BillyInCar.wmv</A>

Billy

patty

Reaction
Bill --
Great footage -- It was a blast.... Maybe we'll do it again next month -- we'll have to see.

J_Dog

Reaction
Bill,
Very nice footage. What type of camera setup are you using in the truck. It sure seems stable and clear, better than most I've seen. Very nice to have the radio on the tape, too.

Jeff Matlock

martininsocal

Reaction
Bill- what was Fred complaining about, he chopped you off in the corner 3 separate times in the video. Is he wondering why his right bed side is tweaked? If he were on pavement, he would have gone around, and truthfully, I wouldn't have braked the second time he came into me on a corner. And he got the lead! You held your line just fine. Great footage.

If your gonna go, go BIG