Seat belts... Cam-lock or latch type.

Spiff

Reaction
Now that cam-locks are legal, is anyone using them? I have talked with a few drivers and it seems kind of split on the pros and cons. I have heard the horror stories of silt jamming them and not being able to release. Also heard that they can come unbuckled in a desert race from body movement. I have been told the new cam-locks don't have these old problems. WRC has been using them for years. A well know class one team used them at the last More race (300 miles) and loved them. My opinion is they would be easier. What are your thoughts, and would like to hear if anyone is currently using them.

MAC56

Reaction
We tested the Simpson rotary on a Canam x3 , actually intentionality packed sand, mud, silt into the mechanism, worked as intended. Based on that we put them on our TT for the Snore Caliente 250 and they again worked properly after significant mud, silt exposure. We dont want to go back to latch and link as these hook up much easier and are less likely to come open by accident.

CodyParkhouse

Reaction
We started using them at Parker this year. Overall much better than latch and link. So much easier to use and no issues so far. Way better only having to worry about one belt at a time to get hooked up rather than all of them at once.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I used them yesterday for the first time in Andys new truck (Impact ones I believe). It was actually super easy to buckle up. Takes a little longer than the old welded together belts though. Personally I like the welded together belts better but I heard that may not be legal anymore.

Danny42

Reaction
They have been legal in Australia for as long as i can remember, we have always used them in our cars and never had any issues, cant think of any issues i have heard from anyone else either, much simpler and quicker to get buckled up than the latch and link systems. Like anything if they are properly looked after and maintained there should be no issues.

redline

Reaction
Takes a little longer than the old welded together belts though. Personally I like the welded together belts better but I heard that may not be legal anymore.
Have any confirmation on that? I haven't heard or seen that anywhere and I am sure there would be some upset people that showed up to race without any prior knowledge of the new rule.

Baja Bryan

Reaction
I used the impact once in Baja 500. I liked them. Takes a getting use to but I think is faster once you figure it out. I will never get in a race car with welded ones. Your hooked in at the shoulders could be hard for someone to pull you out.

SMS81

Reaction
Talk to Jeff at UPR, he will give you all the info you may need.