Seat foam

Zambo

Hey, anybody know where I can get some of that super high density foam like you find in the bottom of a sparco seat? Its fairly cushiony but super dense, almost like a gel, if you know what I'm talking about. I want to get some good extra foam that won't sack out for the bottom of our new seats. Plus we have one driver who is vertically challenged that needs a little boost.

Random Thoughts Racing

Try Sickles Custom upholstery in Escondido, not sure if they have exactly what you are looking for but they had what I needed to restuff a motorcycle seat. I think they recently moved from the Quince st. location.

760-745-3601

And for the shorty try this new booster seat from Sparco!

Attachments

Zambo

Haha, I'll have to get Rudy one of those for his birthday, along with a little tiny cupcake with a single candle in it!:D

trent06

Mush
Zambo, if you guys ended up getting Sparco seats, try UPR they have some seat inserts that are super thick and really comfy we have them in our TT.

Zambo

We got some Cobras we're gonna try out, price was right. I really like the Sparcos but of course they're spendy. I'd like to upgrade the cushion in the cobras to something more like what the sparcos have.

trent06

Mush
We got some Cobras we're gonna try out, price was right. I really like the Sparcos but of course they're spendy. I'd like to upgrade the cushion in the cobras to something more like what the sparcos have.
Ah yup that is the hold up on me getting them for the Stock Full as well. Sparco's that is. Money went else where after the primm race LOL, thats why I was looking to get the seat covers replaced....Let me know how they work at V2R if I dont make it....

Zambo

Why, what happened at Primm??:D:D Will do on the report, although it looks like I might be working over in Australia and have to skip v2r, which sucks big fat rhino johnson.:mad: But I like money too.:cool:

Bajades

Hey, anybody know where I can get some of that super high density foam like you find in the bottom of a sparco seat? Its fairly cushiony but super dense, almost like a gel, if you know what I'm talking about. I want to get some good extra foam that won't sack out for the bottom of our new seats. Plus we have one driver who is vertically challenged that needs a little boost.
Zambo, UPR has a seat foam pad that is considerable better and thicker than the stock Sparco seat foam. They aren't cheap at $60 each, but work better than other foams I've tried. The Confor foam from Aircraft Spruce also works well and is available in various thicknesses. A 2" combination of firm and medium might work well for Rudy. Still like the UPR foam better, though. For the ultimate seat, UPR will mold a seat base specifically to fit you. Expect to pay around $1000, though.

Zambo

Thanks Alan, I'll give them a call. Mike K. works right next to them and knows those guys pretty well.

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Hey Zambo, give these folks a look. Very interesting, especially for you jet-jock
types.

http://www.oregonaero.com/

-OMP
You have to be careful when choosing foam. Just because it's comfortable, doesn't mean its safe. If the foam bottoms out in a big hit, you're going to hit the bottom of the seat. Our inserts and foam are designed to progressively slow you down and dissipate the energy before it hits your spine.

If you ever get a chance to see one of our inserts, you’ll notice that the foam you sit on is much softer than the foam that touches the seat.

Also, the bottom pads that come in most shell racing seats are not designed for vertical g-loads because the seats were not intended to be used in off road cars.