Seats - What's your suggestion

Danny42

Got a new class 1 car build on the way and looking at seats. I currently run the Sparco Evo 2 in my car and im not the biggest fan, it has pretty crappy lateral support. Im looking at the following and wanted to hear your thoughts/experience with them. Impact Genesys - PRP Alpha - Sparco Alpha and Cobra Suzuka Pro. Regardless of the seat it will have a UPR seat pad, those things are a god send.

redline

Impact HS-1 Carbon! most comfortable seat we have used! 1000s of miles in them and not a single complaint! Dont even use the UPR pads in them. Impact seat pads are an actual pad versus the sparco compress to nothing pads. I don't have any experience with the Genesys seats though.

mgobaja

Call UPR and talk to Jeff Furrier, he has done a TON of homework and research on this subject, is very helpful and wants to see racers be as safe as possible.

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
The Evo 2 has pretty good support if you fit it properly, like a helmet, suit, shoes or anything else regardless of the brand...if it doesnt fit it wont be comfortable. If you're building the car, you should be able to set it properly. We can help you with seat selection depending on how you are built, height, weight, shoulders..long legs, short legs all make a difference.

I will say with 100 percent confidence that our seat pads are better for off road racing than any original supplied pad from Sparco, Impact, Recaro, OMP..ect.

swiftracing5

We put the prp alphas in our new 5 car. Most comfortable shell seat I’ve sat and raced in, across the board from nrg to cobra. We are also smaller body types but they make a larger shell. The cushions aren’t quite there yet so I might be hitting you up jeff!

They don’t quite have the clout as the other companies but very impressed.

D_moran

Impact HS-1s are the most comfortable seat I've ever sat in, plus you can add a thicker cushion if youre shorter or just prefer a squishier seat. I may be a little biased (as you can tell from my profile photo since I used to work for Impact). But they are definitely a great seat option. The new Genesys seats are pretty comfortable too.

milktoast

The Evo 2 has pretty good support if you fit it properly, like a helmet, suit, shoes or anything else regardless of the brand...if it doesnt fit it wont be comfortable. If you're building the car, you should be able to set it properly. We can help you with seat selection depending on how you are built, height, weight, shoulders..long legs, short legs all make a difference.

I will say with 100 percent confidence that our seat pads are better for off road racing than any original supplied pad from Sparco, Impact, Recaro, OMP..ect.
Jeff, what have you seen guys stuff into a ranger cab? I'd like to talk with you if you're avail to discuss. I built my cage around beard ultra Pro suspension seats (I reduced cushion thickness to get a little lower) and want to go with a sparco style seat, with the best support (while still comfortable) I can obtain. Have been looking at evo/evoII, pro 2000/200II the new qrt-r and a few others. Just a little info on me, I'm 5'10 185-190ish and very fit. Looking for some input from ppl with experience as I'm in Oregon and away from the majority of knowledge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5racer

We put the prp alphas in our new 5 car. Most comfortable shell seat I’ve sat and raced in, across the board from nrg to cobra. We are also smaller body types but they make a larger shell. The cushions aren’t quite there yet so I might be hitting you up jeff!

They don’t quite have the clout as the other companies but very impressed.
I agree i am very happy with the prp seats ,I did an overrotation last race and did not feel a thing .