sensor plugs

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
I plan in running some sorts pipe in place of my cat. i have an o2 sensor behind the cat and was told it just monitors how the cat is working. is this true? also, i want to run some sorta pipe in place of the the cat. but my o2 sensor is right there. i was told that there is like a dummy plug that you can plug into the sensor and the computer will think the sensor is working fine. do anyof you know about something like this? where might i find one? thanks for the help

Gregg

ntsqd

Reaction
Why is it that people want to dump their cat's ? If you plan on pounding the truck really hard, hard enough to break up the core of the cat then I can see it. If you're going to pound it that hard it should be a race truck and not a street truck. Otherwise use the cat as muffler if you're after reducing back pressure or more noise/sound from the exhaust.

There are how flow cats out there, try one.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
no its not a noise thing i actually hate the loud exhaust of my friends trucks it give me a headache its cause the POS fell apart on me in ocatillo over thanksgiving weekend. the truck only had 39000 miles on it and i wasnt even beating the thing i just got my coilovers on and wasnt being to hairball. I had to get my buddy to tow me home and that suckedwhat sucked even more was the price the tow company wanted per mile to get me home. i just want reassurance that its not gonna happen again and if something does happen at least it wont be something to do withthe cat.

There are how flow cats out there, try one? whats that?

Gregg

cleartoy

Reaction
OBD2 cats are EXPENSIVE!!! Can not legally replace with a universal cat. Must be rebuilt or brand new factory cat on 96 and up OBD2.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

ntsqd

Reaction
Warrenty ? It IS an EMISSIONS device and those are covered for some long period of time.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
yeah it was a warrenty item they said no more though and it really doesnt help when your in ocatillo. and the cat takes a crap at lkie midnight coming back to camp from devils slide.

Gregg

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
well i looked at the summit online catalog and found the 02 simulator but it says its for 96-01 firebirdsand cameros. what do you guys think are the 02 sensors different they look the same and mine has 4 prongs and the simulator does too whatcha think?

Gregg

michael_loomis

Reaction
my problem has been burning up the cat with bad gas. atleast thats what im assuming did it . got some really crappy fuel last year at san felipe , took it to the dealer and they replaced my "plugged up cat" . i assume it just broke up , but man , i thought i was burning a piston or something.

gregg you may have more comp problems if you dont run those O2 sensors. i think a pipe inside your cat housing is the best idea. (will sound more solid )