• Forum membership has its advantages....

Sentri lane with a trailer?

Goatpoker

Anyone tried going through Sentri with a trailer? I have used it with just the truck but was told you can't go through with a trailer... anybody actually try it?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Bro_Gill

After the 250 a few months ago, I say SCREW all the people who tried to Sentri with a trailer, you caused a huge back up since they were making you go to the right once you got all the way up to the gates and had to stop all lanes so you could get in. Over 3 hours at the east port in Mexicali... ON MONDAY!

charlie_brown

which lane does one have to be in to get to the sentry lane? I have it but I have not used it yet from TJ. from my past experience, it sucks ass trying to switch lanes after it starts to back up and I am sure there are no signs to let someone know where to be.

Ilovebaja

Anyone tried going through Sentri with a

trailer? I have used it with just the truck but was told you can't go through with a trailer... anybody actually try it?

don't do it!! y
don't do it! when you where approved they gave you guidelines no trailers allowed , same if you go across with a go to or quad in a pick up truck the gate must close. no open gate. don't risk it you may loose your privilege of using the sentri, use the ready lane

Goatpoker

Would be nice. Several of us have Global Entry and sentri. Super nice when coming home... just wish I could take the prerunner buggy with me...

Ben77

No, I have sentri and the guidelines state No trailers. I've seen some people try it and they just back everyone up. Use Ready lane if you have the documents

Honda48X

No, I have sentri and the guidelines state No trailers. I've seen some people try it and they just back everyone up. Use Ready lane if you have the documents
Why no trailers? You should be able to register your trailer. Also it's about the persons in the vehicle not the stuff behind you. Send them through secondary.

Ilovebaja

Why no trailers? You should be able to register your trailer. Also it's about the persons in the vehicle not the stuff behind you. Send them through secondary.
sentri lane is to expedite your crossing that's why they want minimal stuff to declare and yes it would be awesome if a trailer could be registered never asked that question, but if you have a quad or bike and its in the back of the truck its ok as long as the gate closes completely. go fiugre

Baja Fool

sentri lane is to expedite your crossing that's why they want minimal stuff to declare and yes it would be awesome if a trailer could be registered never asked that question, but if you have a quad or bike and its in the back of the truck its ok as long as the gate closes completely. go fiugre
That's because when you go for for your Sentri interview, they come out and "inspect" the vehicle (no trailers allowed) and assign it a number.....at least when I went. You're right, if it's in the bed of your vehicle, it's good to go.

charlie_brown

That's because when you go for for your Sentri interview, they come out and "inspect" the vehicle (no trailers allowed) and assign it a number.....at least when I went. You're right, if it's in the bed of your vehicle, it's good to go.
they don't inspect them anymore.

AZ7000'

Then why no motorhome, then why no toyhauler, then why not my friends truck. I would bet the stuff behind you is a concern...

Honda48X

They are doing a background check on you not the vehicle. They just want that info to make it easier when coming through.