Sept 19th race

baja_racer

Reaction
Is it too soon to start talking about the Sept 19th race???

Brian & Amy

Reaction
Finally,
Out of my dreams and onto the message board :D

dwasser

Reaction
It's never too early. The entries are already starting to come in. We will be updating the site this week. New pics on the home page, entry list, and race details. I'm glad we decided not to run in July but I'm starting to miss the desert already. Larry and I might have to go out and do some course re-con soon. We already have a good idea where we want to run but we might as well start checking it now:D

oldman dirt

Reaction
is this going to be a short course style event?

do you have a seniors discount on entry---------------LOL

do you have a bonus plan set up for the 9 cars?

where is your tech located, at the track or all the way in town?

so many questions so little time

dwasser

Reaction

We are looking at a 10 to 15 mile loop with multiple heats and possibly qualifying.

No senior discount but we do give a 10% discount for early registration:)

We are working on additional bonuses now.

Here is a link to the standard payout http://www.drive-racing.com/May16thRace/Payout_Chart.pdf

Tech will be at the starting line.

I would like to see some more 9s out there. We are already getting pre-entries in. No 9s yet, but there is still over 3 months to go.

ultrablew

Reaction
With it being such a short course, it would be cool to be able to have an "infield" section with a couple jumps and maybe crazy turns or something in it...

BW1672

Reaction
giti if you try to make it, i will try too, lets get a good nine car field.

supercrew144

Reaction
Man I'm ready already for the race too. Hopefully time flies in between now and then. Excellent job on the course last race Doug!! They keep getting better and better. This is the Chris the co-driver of 1492 by the way.

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
Reaction

giti if you try to make it, i will try too, lets get a good nine car field.
Guys, COME ON DOWNNNNN.
And bring all your 9 car buddies. I'll start pestering my 2 favorite, (sorry guys, no offence, I'm their biggest fan, literally) Swingers to come too..
It'll be a hoot and I'll help you guys out anyway I can.

oldman dirt

Reaction
Ok Terry you need to fuel my car, tighten my ball joints, and fill my wine glass. keep an eye on the wife-----------
-I will make sure Andrea wears something---"Racy"---
and we will have a good time--
Putting the Harley up for sale to buy a truck so I can tow this pile if it breaks down.
$100.00 side bet for the NINE cars ?????????
I will be the first one to throw in---------
I was hoping I could drive the JFK car------------LOL

TStover9

Reaction
Calling all the 9er's! come on guys, Doug puts on a great event! Let's get the entry list goin for the 9 cars! I'm in for the $100 sidebet... wait let me check with my dad on that one! hahahaha jk.

dwasser

Reaction
Calling all the 9er's! come on guys, Doug puts on a great event! Let's get the entry list goin for the 9 cars! I'm in for the $100 sidebet... wait let me check with my dad on that one! hahahaha jk.
I'm working on something for the niners. Will have it out early next week. Thanks for the support Tanner and good luck this weekend.

dwasser

Reaction
Man I'm ready already for the race too. Hopefully time flies in between now and then. Excellent job on the course last race Doug!! They keep getting better and better. This is the Chris the co-driver of 1492 by the way.
Thanks Chris. We did some recon on the North East side. Didn't like it too much so we will go back to the GPS files and start over. It's all part of the process. We've been looking at options since before the last race. I'm guessing about 10 more trips out and we'll be good to go. I hate my job! NOT!

dwasser

Reaction
John Cole with Elite Auto has put up a $100 cash fastest lap bonus for the 1600 class.

Winner does not have to finish. Must run Elite decal on each side of the car. We will have them at contingency.

Thanks John!

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
Reaction
OK, the clock is ticking and we need to feed Doug all of our ideas to make this race off the hook.
I say Saturday is 1/2 day practice/tech, the other 1/2 heat races. Saturday night is reserved dor a BBQ and, hoq about a "pit bike" race, huh?
Sunday morning is all of the 2nd heat races, and trophy pres.

Boom, there's mine, where's your's???

LukeMcMillin

Reaction
OK, the clock is ticking and we need to feed Doug all of our ideas to make this race off the hook.
I say Saturday is 1/2 day practice/tech, the other 1/2 heat races. Saturday night is reserved dor a BBQ and, hoq about a "pit bike" race, huh?
Sunday morning is all of the 2nd heat races, and trophy pres.

Boom, there's mine, where's your's???
Pit bike race!? lol honestly sign me up for that. I will for sure be in that race, can I do it even if I don't enter the real race? lol

Honestly though since all of the pro 1600 guys are coming out, I would give them a good "normal" PC race. What I mean by normal is like the usual format, 40 mile laps with a few laps, I would stay away from the heats kind of races because pro 1600 already has BAP. If I am correct the Pro 1600 season only consists of 4 or 5 races in their season, I wouldn't give them 2 short course heat kind of races in their season. When the DASH used to be a pro 1600 race, people loved it, and those races were just normal format PC races. Just my .02. But I am not racing but thought I would give my opinion. :) If you did do heat races, people miiight start comparing the DRIVE heats races to BAP, then DRIVE to SNORE, I wouldn't think you guys would want that, being a newer series.