Serial port adapter for Auttronic SM4?

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Anyone have anyluck with an serial port adapter to usb on Windows XP?
Really would like to get my current laptop to work with a serial port adapter rather than buying and old brick... but everyone tells me adapters are hit and miss :confused:

Double_Down

Reaction
I've also heard they are hit or miss, but with my first hand experience I haven't had any issues. I use them both at work and at home, different brands, etc.

The only thing I can think of to mention is get one with the PL2303 Prolific chip. I've gotten different brands that use that same chip, and haven't had an issue.

Justin

Reaction
I bought a couple of the more expensive ones, something like $35, and they didnt work. I ended up buying a no name one at frys for something like $5 and it works great.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
I've also heard they are hit or miss, but with my first hand experience I haven't had any issues. I use them both at work and at home, different brands, etc.

The only thing I can think of to mention is get one with the PL2303 Prolific chip. I've gotten different brands that use that same chip, and haven't had an issue.
Thanks very much thats much more assuring ha ha
I bought a couple of the more expensive ones, something like $35, and they didnt work. I ended up buying a no name one at frys for something like $5 and it works great.
sounds like ill just have to goto frys and test a few.