Serious rust issues

DANKFAB

I am not sure if this had been posted on before but does anyone know what I can buy to spray onto the rusty areas of the cage and bumpers, etc. to loosen up the surface rust to make sanding and painting easier?? It is pretty ugly and rusty right now and I wanna get this done over the weekend(2day job) So I wanted to prep the areas, before I go in with the sandpaper. Thanks guys
theDankster

redline

what i found to work best is spray it with wd40 and the use scotch brite pads. the if youre painting it just take some acetone or laquer thinner wipe it down and then paint away

Ryan B

If it's pretty bad rust then you can use navel jelly. I used it on the chassis on both my trucks. I comes in different size jars, you can get it from any home improvement/automotive store. Just don't let it set for too long or it hardens and gets really difficult to remove.

tedmales

go to a automotive paint store and they have a metal prep liquid that will clean metaland leave it with a coating that is paintable and should not rust for a while.

DANKFAB

ok guys. thanks, I think I will try the WD-40 and scotch brites. It isn't real bad, just a few months of Socal morning mist, thats all.