Server donwtime and such

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Some server info and technical ramble towards the end...

We switched to a new dedicated server 10 days ago. As you may have noticed the site has been faster and more responsive and most importantly up for the most part ever since.

The old server just reached its physical limits (cpu and memory) and it was time to switch to a new package. With the new package we have a slighter larger overhead and consequently will pursue banner advertising more.

In any event. The TechTv show last Friday generated some increditable traffic on jdfilms.com The server held steady towards the initial 100GB per day transfer out of jdfilms.com alone, we now have to conserve file transfers a little bit for the rest of our billing cycle to keep co$t down.

Today's downtime was due to "mod_jk.log" growing beyond 2gb...anyone familiar with apache knows what that means.. easy fix, unfortunaly I was out of town all day.

Its amazing what happened in the last years... from 10GB per month $20.00 shared hosting to a dedicated server. rdc on a normal day transfers more then the first site permitted in one month (very close to it) !

the end.

motoxscott

Reaction
Klaus & John,

Where do I send my membership/contribution money.........

Thanks for all the good stuff on RDC !!

-Scott

It was a sad day today with RDC down and out.

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Ensenada, Baja California, Papas'n Beer will-call window.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Thats some pretty heavy traffic Klause. My 2 sites arent nearly that big. The one is getting about 1500 hits a week whic isnt bad but I hear what your saying on bandwith usage.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.socalmotocross.com/vtrracing//>Vtr Racing.com</A>