SF 250 Prerunning Moto Incident

J Prich

Reaction
Was casual Friday browsing YouTube this afternoon for SF250 vids and stumbled on this one. Didn’t see or hear anything about it on social media etc, pretty gnarly staring at about 10:40 in. Don’t know any of the folks involved here, but stoked to see the sense of urgency and how quickly these guys recognized the severity and jumped in to action. Would be interested to hear how the rider is doing if anyone knows.

MTPyle

Reaction
wow thats scary. I had not heard about that either. I had nightmares of this kind of thing happening to us which is why I sold the bikes and got the Can Am for the SF250 pre run.

We had a UTV coming backwards on course run into us in the Can Am. We both reacted correctly and hit the side of the tires perfect. Was crazy scary, I thought we were done for. Its wild out there and really far from help.

Mike

E.Hagle

Reaction
wow thats scary. I had not heard about that either. I had nightmares of this kind of thing happening to us which is why I sold the bikes and got the Can Am for the SF250 pre run.

We had a UTV coming backwards on course run into us in the Can Am. We both reacted correctly and hit the side of the tires perfect. Was crazy scary, I thought we were done for. Its wild out there and really far from help.

Mike
People driving backwards on race course need to be dealt with properly. Whether it’s a close call or not. Too easy to die out there. Supposed to be fun. It’s only fun until someone loses that bargain.

MTPyle

Reaction
to be fair we were checking out an alternate line and the guy had done the same and was coming back to get back on main course. Not really going backwards on the "course" but was going against pre run traffic. He was going way too fast around blind corners going backwards, which was what the real problem was. When we had to circle back we were very careful and stayed off the trails as much we could. Some people just get wound up and going too fast.

Mike

E.Hagle

Reaction
Wow just got the time to watch the video above.... holy hell thats a gnarly situation. I am glad that Dennis is ok and he had the fortune of other riders coming through that cared to stop and check on him. Just another example of why you should be humble and kind on a daily basis.

me_be_db1

Reaction
Maybe this post should have been an On Topic post. This is about a mans life!
His crew chief was at our condo once he got back to SF, trying to figure out his next move
Dennis was already being transported to the border... we were on pins and needles for quite a while as Dennis is close friends with the 10 team I race for.
The accident happened Monday, Dennis was released from SD hospital on, seemed like Wednesday, but I believe Thursday iirc.

jon coleman

Reaction
Maybe this post should have been an On Topic post. This is about a mans life!
His crew chief was at our condo once he got back to SF, trying to figure out his next move
Dennis was already being transported to the border... we were on pins and needles for quite a while as Dennis is close friends with the 10 team I race for.
The accident happened Monday, Dennis was released from SD hospital on, seemed like Wednesday, but I believe Thursday iirc.
what all were his injurys?, if you have the info& prognosis thanks.👍glad to hear everyone is ok, remember to tell the wife professional psychiatric service's are Much Much more expensive than a few er visits

Total Loss

Reaction
don't let your wife see this if you ride bikes in Baja. Getting lectured as I type!
I was getting ready to get on the bike for my stint when Weatherman came on and announced the passing of fellow rider David Bills...hit by a TT.
My wife was standing next to me...she never said a word...just a stare...I advised her I knew what I was doing...knowing full well the TT were catching us...
Not easy let me tell you.

RIP David Bills.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Whoa, that was gnarly. I'm thinking I need to invest in some first aid type training and get me a good piece of kit to go along. I know I'm totally unprepared.