SF 250 Vs KOH

JulioBaeza28

Granted, there very well may still be 20 TTs at SF 250 that don't go to KOH, but I would be shocked if any of the "top" drivers skip KOH and the great media exposure, not to mention the 100k purse, to go race in Baja unless they are contractually obligated to do so.
Wouldn't be the first time of the SF250 with low entries on TTs, on 2016 only 11 TTs raced.

jon coleman

i Still haven't been too koh, Dave Turner told me after you race , Going to the races sucks as just a spectator, like sticking a Big plate of coke in front of a coke head and saying to him NO!, you no touch!!( but i still want to go, but im doing a favor by NOT going, it will just keep getting more cool, fun , beeeautchin, until i ACTUALLY Do go....

TwistyItch

ADVERTISER
Someday, man, I really want to. That's really cool of you.
You can also volunteer at KOH and depending on the days and events and your assigned area, you'll see racing up close and get to areas the general public cannot get to. Contact race organizer through the website. They take great care of their volunteers and value the contribution greatly. You can volunteer for the days you want also, you don't have to do it everyday and that allows you to get out to different spots for spectating on days off. Don't know about this year, but last year they held a big appreciation raffle on the last night and EVERYONE got nice swag. I won the final prize - 4 Nitto tires of any size and model. Talk about stoked. I'm trying to be a vendor this year, but maybe will volunteer a day just to help out. Last note on volunteering, one of the volunteers and I organized a volunteer camp for the last 2 years (she did most of the work, I scored a large camping area). Great way to hang with great people the whole time.

Last edited:

stephenrjking

I would imagine a large TT turnout then.
Anyone for whom a good result in the 500 is a higher priority than winning the T1 challenge, probably.

Someone mentioned Toyo guys as T1 participants, but Andy Mac has already skipped that event before.

The interesting guy here is Bryce, because he owns two AWD trucks. Is it theoretically possible to run both races if you have equipment in both locations?

ekozy39

I know there are KOH staff on RDC so maybe everyone is being nice, but does anyone really feel like racing/winning the KOH TT race is even close to the 500? I could be wrong but I just don’t see any scenario where a team has the means to do either race and they chose KOH TT over the 500. Not a dig on KOH but Baja is Baja.

jon coleman

I know there are KOH staff on RDC so maybe everyone is being nice, but does anyone really feel like racing/winning the KOH TT race is even close to the 500? I could be wrong but I just don’t see any scenario where a team has the means to do either race and they chose KOH TT over the 500. Not a dig on KOH but Baja is Baja.
thats what Tony Geo. thought about the indy 500, look what that split did, big three Baja races should be it .period.3 race championship.period.

jon coleman

ps on 3 Baja races, ^, until score races in the states again, it cannot be called an ' off road racing World championship, thats whats needed, todays racing scene SUCKS EVERYWHERE, pc this, blm that, i just hope that political crap dosent infect desert off road racing.

J Prich

No one is comparing KOH to the 500. Unless I misunderstood the title of this convo.